These easy three ingredient Keto Fries are crispy, salty and so satisfying! Enjoy a generous serving for about 6 net carbs!
I’m a salt girl.
Now, this is no reference to any sort of salt-of-the-earth metaphor- I’m strictly talking about salty goodness in my foods.
I could eat a diet of fries, chips and salsa, and potato chips and be a happy camper. But I’m pretty sure that’s not how the food pyramid is set up.
While I know it was important for our long ago ancestors to attempt to add fat stores for the winter, I would like to avoid this so my sweater collection doesn’t have to be refurbished. You know what I’m saying?
So, tragically, my diet is not the salt-coma I would love for it to be. But one of my favorite hacks is to hide vegetables into my meals! That’s why I adore these Crispy Keto Fries. I’m able to incorporate a veggie into one of my favorite foods–French fries!
What is a Rutabaga?
A rutabaga is a root vegetable. It is a very under appreciated veggie. You can dress these bad boys into so many delicious things!
Rutabagas are in the same family as broccoli, cabbage, radishes and cauliflower. So while you may not automatically think of a rutabaga as a great option for french fries, we also were all surprised when cauliflower made an awesome pizza crust.
Trust me, give these rutabaga fries the same open mind you gave the cauliflower crust! They will NOT disappoint you.
Ingredients for Keto Fries
As always, this is an overview of the ingredients you will need for this recipe. For the complete guide just keep scrolling. You will need:
- Rutabaga: Peel and discard the waxy outside, then cut into French fry shapes. The thinner the better here. There is a lot of moisture in rutabaga, so cut these into thin “fast food” fry shapes for the best results.
- Avocado Oil: Olive oil will also work, but I find avocado oil results in the best texture and taste.
- Salt: you can also use a seasoned salt if you prefer for more flavorful fries.
How do Rutabaga Fries Taste?
The texture of these Crispy Keto Fries is so satisfying- salty, crunchy and exactly what you want in a fry, but with zero guilt. When roasted rutabaga takes on a potato like texture.
How many carbs are in Keto Fries?
One of the best things about using rutabagas instead of potatoes is the number of carbs you save. A large serving is only six carbs- compare that with the 43 grams in a medium McDonald’s fry and you see why this is such a healthy, delicious option!
I cut them into small pieces and tossed them in olive oil and salt, and these fries turned out exactly like my favorite fry! They also were prepped and ready in under 30 minutes.
So serve up these amazing Crispy Keto Fries on your next burger night and your whole family will clear them up. A healthy option that is a crowd favorite!
What can I serve with fries?
These salty, crispy low carb fries are great with just about everything! We really love to have these with our favorite Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps. They are also particularly delicious with a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger. Some other recipes are:
More Keto Side Dish Recipes:
- Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- Crispy Zucchini Fries
- Keto Bacon-Wrapped Cabbage
- Air Fryer Green Bean Fries
- Garlic Butter Mashed Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Carrot Fries
Missing your bread sides? Check out these 30+ AMAZING Keto Bread Recipes!
- 1 rutabaga, peeled and cut into thin fry shapes
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Peel and cut the rutabaga into small fry shapes.
- Toss with oil and salt.
- Place in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes, flip and bake an additional 8-10 minutes until crisp.
Serving Size:About 3/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 98Total Fat: 7.2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 593mgCarbohydrates: 8.3gNet Carbohydrates: 6.1gFiber: 2.2gSugar: 4.3gProtein: 1g