Air Fryer Hamburgers require only four ingredients, are ready in just minutes and are naturally low carb! These classic burgers can be made from fresh or frozen patties for the perfect easy weeknight meal!
Air Fryer Hamburgers
These Air Fryer Hamburgers are the perfect juicy burger! Ground beef is thoroughly seasoned, shaped into patties and cooked until you have a restaurant quality burger! These homemade burgers require only four ingredients to make from scratch, but you can also cook frozen hamburgers in the Air Fryer! Everyone at your table will be so excited for this dinner!
These air fryer cheeseburgers are gluten free and naturally low carb, with only 2.7 net carbs each! If you’re looking for a great alternative to traditional buns, I recommend using Chaffles. They make fantastic buns- my Keto Jalapeno Popper Burgers are a testament to that! Air Fryer Hamburgers only take 10-11 minutes to cook, making them the perfect weeknight meal!
Ingredients in Air Fryer Burgers
As always, here is a quick overview of the ingredients used in our homemade burgers. For the complete recipe, just scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Ground beef, cheese, worcestershire sauce
- Minced garlic, salt and pepper
How to make Air Fryer Cheeseburgers
These easy beef patties come together in only 3 simple steps!
- Combine all of the ingredients and divide the meat into 3 separate pieces.
- Shape your meat into beef patties, or use a burger press. You want them to be about 1/2 inch thick. Season the beef with salt, pepper or seasoned salt.
- Preheat your Air Fryer to 390 degrees F and cook the meat for 5 minutes, then flip. Cook for 5-6 more minutes. When your burger is reading 160 degrees F (I recommend using a meat thermometer), add the cheese and put the basket back in the Air Fryer. Let sit for one minute, or until the cheese is melted.
Air Fryer Frozen Hamburgers
This recipe also works perfectly for frozen hamburgers, turkey burgers or chicken burgers! Frozen veggie burgers can also be made in the Air Fryer, but they likely need a shorter cooking time. To make frozen beef patties, preheat the Air Fryer to 370 degrees and add the frozen patty to the basket. Cook for 6 minutes, flip and cook for another 6 minutes. Check the internal temperature- if it isn’t to 160 degrees, cook in 2 minute increments until the temperature is reached. Add the cheese, close the basket and allow it to melt.
Ground Beef Cooking Temperature
The internal temperature that is recommended by the USDA for ground beef is at least 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
Best Ground Beef for Burgers
To make the best homemade burger, I have found that an 80/20 cut of ground beef is best. This cut ensures the burger is loaded with flavor and does not dry out.
How long to cook hamburgers in Air Fryer
The cooking time will depend on if you are cooking your burgers from fresh or frozen. If fresh, you will cook for 10-11 minutes. If frozen, you will cook for 12-13 minutes.
What should I serve with Air Fryer Hamburgers?
The classic combination of burgers and fries is a classic for a reason! Make your favorite Air Fryer Fries or Air Fryer Tater Tots for the ultimate kid-friendly meal! For keto friendly versions, try Carrot Fries, Green Bean Fries, Zucchini Fries or Cauliflower Tots. For dessert, try this Keto Milkshake!
More easy Air Fryer recipes
- 1 pound 80/20 Ground Beef
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 slices cheese
- Combine the beef, sauce, and spices in a bowl until the seasonings are fully incorporated in the meat. Divide the mixture into 3 equal pieces.
- Shape the beef into patties, or use a burger press, until your burgers are about 1/2 inch thick. Season with salt, pepper or seasoned salt.
- Preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees F . Add the burgers to the preheated air fryer and cook for 5 minutes. Flip the burgers over and cook an additional 5-6 minutes. When your burger is done, add the cheese and close the basket. The leftover heat from the air fryer will melt the cheese.
If making from frozen- preheat the air fryer to 370 degrees. Add the frozen patty directly to the preheated air fryer. Cook the burger for 6 minutes, flip and fry an additional 6 minutes.
Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of your burgers. The USDA recommends a reading of 160 degrees F for ground beef. This is the temperature that should destroy any bacteria that could be harmful.
Serving Size:1 burger with cheese
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 504Total Fat: 39gCholesterol: 134mgSodium: 544mgCarbohydrates: 2.8gNet Carbohydrates: 2.7gFiber: 0.1gSugar: 0.7gProtein: 23g