Enjoy the classic flavors of a Turkey Club Sandwich without the carbs! This Keto Turkey Club has less than 5 net carbs per serving and is great for a low carb lunch!
What is a Turkey Club Sandwich?
A Turkey Club is a beloved sandwich that is a staple at pretty much any sandwich joint. This classic combination of deli turkey, crisp bacon, sliced cheese, lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise is hard to beat. Most often, you see a turkey club on toasted white bread, piled high with all the fixings and sliced into four triangles.
For this recipe, I’m serving up a club sandwich on low carb chaffles instead of traditional white bread. That makes this Turkey Club low carb, grain free and gluten free.
Ingredients for a Turkey Club
As always, this is a quick overview of the ingredients you will need for this recipe. To get the complete recipe just keep scrolling.
- Deli Turkey: shaved, thinly sliced or thick slices will work. Use your favorite variety such as oven roasted, buffalo or cajun turkey.
- Bacon: cooked, crisp bacon.
- Lettuce: romaine, iceberg or Bibb lettuce works in this recipe.
- Tomato: your favorite variety.
- Mayonnaise: preferably Hellmann’s.
- Chaffles: this is a keto waffle, that is an excellent low carb, gluten free bread substitute.
Tips for the best Keto Club Sandwich
- Be sure your chaffles are cooked to a crisp consistency so they are able to hold all of the ingredients
- Use fresh tomatoes and lettuce, so they are nice and ripe for the best flavor
- If you prefer, you can add salt or pepper to your keto club sandwich
- Be sure to drain your bacon after cooking
What is a Chaffle?
A chaffle is just what it sounds like, a cheese waffle. I love to use these in various recipes. There is so much variety with these delicious bread substitutes! Give these Sausage Jalapeno Chaffles a try for an amazing breakfast, or my Keto Chili Cheese Chaffles or Pepperoni Pizza Chaffles for a crowd pleasing lunch or dinner!
How do you make a Chaffle?
These low carb delights are made by combining eggs, cheese, almond four and baking powder in a mixing bowl until completely combined. Spoon the cheese mixture into your preheated waffle maker and cook about 2-3 minutes. When there is no longer any steam coming from your waffle iron, they’re ready.
What kind of waffle maker do I need to make chaffles?
Any waffle iron will do! I love this one from Ms. Dash. These waffles are also about the size of a slice of bread, so you can make low carb sandwiches easily.
Other Low Carb Lunch Recipes
Low carb lunches are easier than you think! Lettuce wraps are one of my favorite lunch options, and when I need a fun change up I use a cheese wrap like this. Some of my other favorites include:
- Keto Pizza Bites
- Ham and Cheese Rolls
- Easy Keto Bagels (also makes great sandwiches)
- Bacon Cheddar Chaffles
Other Sandwich Recipes
Basic Chaffle Recipe (makes 6)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheese (any variety or mixture of varieties will work)
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Turkey Club Sandwich
- 2 Chaffles (recipe above)
- 2 ounces deli turkey
- 2 sliced bacon, cooked until crisp
- 2 small slices tomato
- 2 small leaves of lettuce
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
To make the Chaffles
- Combine the eggs, shredded cheese, almond flour and baking powder in a small bowl and mix well.
- Preheat a waffle maker according to the directions and lightly spray with cooking oil if needed.
- Spoon the batter into the waffle maker and cook 2-3 minutes until steam is no longer coming from the machine. This recipe makes 6 chaffles.
For the Keto Turkey Club
- Place one chaffle on a plate and top with turkey, crisp bacon, tomato, lettuce and salt and pepper to taste. Add mayonnaise to the other chaffle and top to complete the sandwich.
Store the chaffles in the fridge.
Serving Size:1 sandwich
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 622Total Fat: 52gCholesterol: 290mgSodium: 1220mgCarbohydrates: 5.6gNet Carbohydrates: 4.6gFiber: 1gSugar: 2.2g