These Air Fryer Chicken Tenderloins are juicy on the inside and have a crispy parmesan crust on the outside! With just 8 minutes of cooking time and barely any prep, you can have a healthy, flavorful meal on the table in no time!
These Air Fryer Chicken Tenderloins are a lifesaver for busy weeknights. Skip the oven and reach for your air fryer! This recipe requires basic ingredients you probably already have on hand, as well as mere minutes of prep and just 8 minutes of cook time. All in all, you can have juicy chicken tenderloins on the table in just 15 minutes! This is a great multi-purpose chicken recipe that can be used for wraps, pasta, salad, and more. Or simply enjoy it with your favorite dipping sauce!
Ingredients for Air Fryer Chicken
As always, this is a quick overview of the ingredients needed to make juicy chicken tenderloins. For the complete recipe, scroll to the recipe card below.
- Chicken: for this recipe, we are using chicken tenderloins. If you prefer chicken breasts, follow this recipe instead; the cooking times are different.
- Olive oil: you can use any neutral oil, such as avocado oil in this recipe.
- Parmesan: opt for grated parmesan instead of shredded parmesan to provide a nice crispy, golden crust.
- Spices: garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, paprika, and salt.
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Tenderloins
In addition to the ingredients listed above, you will need a bowl, tongs, and an air fryer. I have documented the entire process, as well as provided a recipe video below. Follow these instructions for quick and easy air fryer chicken!
Season the Chicken
No tricky ingredients or equipment here! Simply add the chicken tenderloins to a bowl and toss with the olive oil and spices. Be sure the chicken is completely coated so each bite has the parmesan crusted exterior and is nicely seasoned.
Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F for 3 minutes. Remember, air fryers are just like ovens you need to preheat them so the food cooks evenly. Next, add the seasoned chicken tenderloins in a single layer to the air fryer basket and cook for 4 minutes; flip and cook an additional 3-4 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Serve the chicken strips with a dipping sauce of your choice. I enjoy warm marinara as the flavor compliments the parmesan and Italian seasoning nicely. Some other options inlcude this Jalapeno Ranch, or Taco Bell Copycat sauce. For side dishes this pairs well with Air Fryer Zucchini or served with our favorite house salad. Some other options include:
Storage and Reheating
Storing and reheating chicken tenderloins properly helps maintain their flavor, texture, and safety. Here’s a guide on how to store and reheat chicken tenderloins:
- Fridge: If you have cooked chicken tenderloins and plan to eat them within a few days, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. These are good for up to 4 days.
- Freezer: Place them in a freezer-safe bag or container, removing as much air as possible to prevent freezer burn. You can store frozen chicken for up to 3 months.
- Reheating: Reheat chicken tenderloins in the air fryer at a moderate temperature (around 350°F or 177°C) for 2-3 minutes. This method helps maintain crispiness. Check for doneness, as overcooking can dry out the chicken.
Tips for the best Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Preheat your air fryer for a few minutes before adding the chicken. This helps create a crispier exterior.
- Arrange the chicken in a single layer in the air fryer basket. This ensures even cooking and circulates hot air around each piece.
- Avoid overcrowding the air fryer basket, as this can hinder proper air circulation and result in uneven cooking. Cook in batches if necessary.
- Use a meat thermometer to check for doneness. Chicken is safe to eat when it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- Keep an eye on the cooking time, as it may vary based on the size and thickness of the chicken pieces. Adjust as needed to avoid overcooking.
- Adjust the spices according to your preference. For a stronger flavor, season with black pepper and cayenne pepper to taste.
What is the difference in chicken breast and chicken tenderloins?
Chicken breasts are large pieces of the chicken that usually weigh a pound or more. Chicken tenderloins are smaller, thinner pieces of chicken that are often more tender. Since they are much smaller than breasts they cook very quickly. As far as taste, there is not a noticeable difference between the two cuts of chicken.
If desired, you can dip the chicken tenderloins in a beaten egg and coat with panko breadcrumbs. The cooking time will be the same.
Yes, this recipe is naturally low carb, grain and gluten-free.
Yes, it is keto and the nutritional information is provided below the recipe.
Other Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings: skip the oven and opt for the air fryer! It saves time and produces perfectly crispy chicken!
- Crispy Chicken Tenders: There is a secret ingredient that provides an ultra crispy golden crust.
- Chicken Nuggets: These nuggets are low carb and grain free.
- French Fries: the ultimate guide to all things fries in the air fryer!
- Easy Air Fryer Recipes: a round-up of some of my all-time favorite recipes for the air fryer!
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Add the chicken tenderloins, olive oil, parmesan, and spices to a large bowl and toss to coat.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F for 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken tenderloins to the preheated air fryer and cook for 4 minutes; flip and cook an additional 3-4 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Serving Size:1/4 of recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 203Total Fat: 9.1gCholesterol: 84.5mgSodium: 362mgCarbohydrates: 2.6gNet Carbohydrates: 1.8gFiber: 0.8gSugar: 0.2gProtein: 26.9g