This easy Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken is the perfect weeknight dinner! Healthy, ready in 15 minutes, and full of bright, lemon flavor.
Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken
Forget stopping to pick up dinner on the way home… You can make this Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken in the amount of time it’ll take to wait for the correct order! This healthy recipe is super convenient, delicious, and will have you feeling great about your day.
Why you’ll love it:
- Healthy – This recipe makes 4 servings with 199 calories, 6.7 g fat, 7.6 g carbs, 2.5 g fiber, 27.4 g protein. It works with low-carb, keto, Whole30, and Paleo diets. It’s gluten-free, nut-free, egg-free, and dairy-free, so it’s a pretty safe meal option when company is coming.
- Versatile – This dish can easily be bulked up with more veggies like cauliflower rice, zoodles, or a salad. You can add this to pasta, rice, potatoes for a super filling meal, too. This is a simple method and flavoring that can easily be adjusted for your own preferences.
- Quick & Easy – There’s not a ton of prep (just cube chicken, trim green beans, and measure seasonings), so this recipe can go from the fridge to the table in about 15 minutes! There are no difficult cooking techniques or special ingredients needed.
Lemon Pepper Chicken Ingredients
Here’s a quick overview of what you’ll need for this recipe. Find exact measurements in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- Chicken breast – Boneless, skinless, cut into 1-inch pieces. You can use chicken thigh or tenderloins if you prefer. Keep pieces uniform in size and shape so that they cook more evenly.
- Fresh green beans – Ends trimmed, cut in half. You can cut green beans and keep them in the fridge up to 2 days in case you want to prep this ahead of time.
- Fresh garlic – Minced. Fresh usually has the most flavor, but you can always use the jarred, pre-minced garlic to make things easier.
- Olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest – Swap out with your preferred cooking oil if you’d like. If you only have bottled juice and can’t get lemon zest, you’ll likely want to add extra juice.
- Garlic powder, Kosher salt, Black pepper – Adjust these according to your preferences and dietary needs.
How to Make Lemon Pepper Chicken in the Air Fryer
This is an easy dinner idea that will take just 15 minutes and barely any cleanup! Here’s a quick step-by-step guide.
Turn the air fryer on, set to 375 degrees, and allow it to preheat for 3 minutes. Meanwhile, grab a medium-sized mixing bowl and add in your chicken and green beans. Pour in your garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Toss this serveral times or mix with a spatula to make sure each piece is well-seasoned.
Pour the chicken and green bean mixture into the air fryer and cook for 6 minutes. Shake the basket or turn the pieces with tongs, then cook an additional 4-5 minutes. Once the green beans have begun to brown and the chicken is cooked through (meaning it reads 160-165 with an instant-read thermometer), you can serve immediately.
How to Serve Lemon Pepper Chicken
We love serving this hot out of the air fryer with lemon wedges, a sprinkle of fresh herbs, and a little cracked pepper on top. If you like a cheesy finish, a bit of parmesan would complement the flavor as well. We love this with Keto Three-Cheese Biscuits and Roasted Radishes for a super filling, low-carb meal. Leftovers were great over some Cacio e Pepe Zoodles! This is a great meal to pull out some prepped Keto Dinner Rolls, too!
Easy sides you can meal prep:
- Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Caprese Salad
- Bacon Cheddar Keto Biscuits
- Parmesan Keto Chaffles
- Keto Mozzarella Sticks
This recipe should be stored in the fridge up to 3-4 days in an airtight container. While the green beans won’t be quite as crispy when it’s not fresh, you can still crisp them up nicely with the right reheating method. If you want to skip reheating, this is a great dish tossed with a salad!
This is best reheated in the air fryer (350 degrees, 2-5 minutes depending on the amount), oven (350 degrees, 5-10 minutes, or on the stovetop (medium heat, saute for 2-5 minutes). You can also microwave this, but I recommend short blasts at 50% power. Otherwise, your chicken might get overcooked and the greens may become soggy.
Tips for the best air fryer chicken and veggie dinner:
- Cut into uniform size & shape – You want all of your green beans trimmed and halved and your chicken cut into 1″ cubes. This helps everything cook at the same pace, ensuring you don’t have undercooked and overcooked pieces in the same dish.
- Cooking time varies – The size of your chicken pieces and the crowding of your air fryer will impact the cooking time. The best way to determine when the chicken is done is by using an instant read thermometer.
- Don’t overfill the air fryer – You don’t need to keep this recipe in a single layer or give the chicken and green beans a ton of room, but the air fryer cooks best when air can circulate around the food. If you double this recipe, cook it in batches.
- Switch things up – This is a great method that can be used with all your favorite flavors and veggies! Try Italian seasoning with mushrooms or a blackening rub with brussels sprouts.
If you love this air fryer dinner, you’ll love these easy recipes!
- Air Fryer Sausage and Veggies – Only takes 10 minutes of cooking time! This is a major favorite during our really busy weeks.
- Air Fryer Green Beans & Smoked Sausage – Another 10 minute, easy meal. Low-carb, fresh tasting, and super simple to throw together.
- Asian Pork Tenderloin & Air Fryer Vegetables – This dish is incredibly flavorful, and the tenderloin comes out perfectly juicy!
- Air Fryer Cabbage & Sausage – The salty, fatty sausage is exactly what the healthy, low-carb cabbage needs! Ready quickly without much work at all.
- Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas – This is a quick way for a very satisfying meal that everyone loves! These are keto-friendly when you use a low-carb tortilla or toss it on a salad.
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 12 ounces fresh green beans, ends trimmed and cut in half
- 1 tablespoon EACH olive oil, lemon juice, and minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon EACH garlic powder, and lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the air fryer at 375 degrees for 3 minutes.
- Toss the chicken and green beans with the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, garlic powder, zest, salt and pepper.
- Add the green beans to the preheated air fryer basket and cook 6 minutes. Shake the basket or turn with tongs and cook an additional 4-5 minutes until the green beans have begun to brown and the chicken is cooked through.
Remember the cooking time will vary based on how big the pieces of chicken are. The best way to determine when the chicken is done is by using an instant-read thermometer.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 199Total Fat: 6.7gCholesterol: 82.7mgSodium: 212mgCarbohydrates: 7.6gNet Carbohydrates: 5.1gFiber: 2.5gSugar: 2.9gProtein: 27.4g