Try Air Fryer Cabbage and Sausage for a low carb, keto-friendly meal that is cooked in the air fryer in about 10 minutes!
Air Fryer Cabbage and Sausage Recipe
Do you ever just need a meal that is super fast, but not just junk? When you know you don’t have the time to cook but you still need to fill the bellies in your house? Our house was the same way this week. So I looked in the fridge and saw what we had- cabbage and sausage- and I knew I could make it work!
I am obsessed with all things Air Fryer. Honestly, I’m not sure how I ever lived without it! There is simply no better way to get a delicious meal on the table faster. Whether you’re cooking steak, chicken or vegetables, the Air Fryer is the way to do it! This keto meal features flavorful sausage and tender cabbage that is perfectly seasoned!
Ingredients in Air Fryer Sausage
Here are the ingredients used in our Cabbage and Sausage recipe. For the complete recipe, just scroll to the bottom of the page!
- Sausage: smoked sausage, andouille sausage or kielbasa are great option.
- Oil: olive or avocado oil work well in this recipe.
- Cabbage: fresh cabbage chopped into bite sized pieces.
- Garlic: freshly minced garlic works best in this recipe.
- Spices: salt, pepper, onion powder and paprika
How to make Air Fryer Cabbage
This low carb recipe comes together in a breeze! First, preheat your Air Fryer to 375 degrees for 3 minutes. Next, combine your cabbage with the olive oil, garlic and spices. Mix well and stir in the sliced sausage. Put your cabbage and sausage into your air fryer and cook for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, shake the basket and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes, or until the cabbage has reached your preferred tenderness.
Can I use a different type of sausage?
Of course! You can use smoked sausage, andouille or Kielbasa, whichever is your personal preference. To make this recipe lighter on calories you can use chicken or turkey sausage as well.
Tips for the best Air Fryer Cabbage and Sausage
- Be sure to cook the cabbage to your preferred level of tenderness. If you prefer a more crisp cabbage, then you will need to cook for a shorter period, and if you want a more tender cabbage, you will need to cook for a little longer.
- If you want to add onion to this recipe, feel free! It will increase the amount of carbs, so if you are watching your carb intake, you may not want to add onion.
- Make sure that you evenly coat your cabbage and sausage with the spices, so every bite is well seasoned!
Can you cook cabbage in the Air Fryer?
Absolutely! The Air Fryer is such a great, quick way to prepare this delicious vegetable. Just chop, season and add to the basket!
How to Store and Reheat Air Fryer Cabbage
To store, place your leftovers in a plastic or glass container with an airtight lid and place in the fridge. This cabbage and sausage will remain fresh for up to four days. To reheat, you can either warm in the microwave in 30 second increments or pop it back into the Air Fryer! I warmed mine at 350 degrees for about 5 minutes.
Air Fryer Recipes for Beginners
Air Fryer Cabbage and Sausage Recipe
This healthy, low carb meal is cooked completely in the Air Fryer and is ready in under ten minutes!
- 1 (12 ounce) package of smoked sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 cups cabbage, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F for 3 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl toss the chopped cabbage with the olive oil, garlic and spices. Stir in the sliced smoked sausage.
- Add the cabbage and sausage mixture to the air fryer and cook for 5 minutes. Open the basket and shake or stir well. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes or until the cabbage has reached your desired tenderness.
Serving Size:1 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 319Total Fat: 27gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 795mgCarbohydrates: 7.2gNet Carbohydrates: 5.7gFiber: 1.5gSugar: 2.7gProtein: 11.2g