This easy Air Fryer Chicken is ready in 15 minutes and perfect for a keto dinner! This chicken recipe is juicy, tender, and takes barely any effort!
Air Fryer Chicken
Chicken breasts are an amazing dinner option — Healthy, great for picky eaters, works with all sorts of flavors, can be paired with all kinds of side dishes, and leftovers are easy to use. I often serve stuffed chicken breasts because we love the added flavor, but sometimes we want something simpler.
This Air Fryer Chicken is ready in just 15 minutes, perfect for a busy weeknight. It doesn’t involve any complicated prep work; all you need to do is preheat, season, and cook. Even better, save on your energy bill because it cooks in the air fryer and not the oven!
The chicken is covered in a great all-purpose seasoning that can be made spicy if you’d like to add a kick. You can easily use this method with ranch seasoning, lemon pepper, taco seasoning, or other mixes for your own preferences. Make a second batch for meal prepping next week’s lunches–Add to salads, casseroles, wraps, and more!
Air Fryer Chicken Ingredients
Here’s a quick overview of what you’ll need. Keep scrolling down to the pintable recipe card for specific amounts!
- Chicken breast (boneless, skinless) – Large, about 6 ounces each
- Olive oil
- Seasoning: Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, brown sugar monk fruit (or regular brown sugar if not keto), paprika, garlic salt, cayenne pepper (optional – skip if you don’t like it a bit spicy)
How to cook chicken in an air fryer
This is SO easy! While your air fryer is preheating, combine your spices in a small bowl. Rub or spray the chicken breast with olive oil and season each side generously.
Place the chicken in a single layer in the air fryer and cook 6 minutes. Flip and cook another 5-6 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
For smaller chicken breasts, cook for about 8 minutes total (flipping halfway through the cooking time).
How long to cook chicken breast in air fryer
Ultimately, this will depend on the size and thickness of your chicken breast! For large, 6 ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts, cook 12 minutes (flipping halfway through). For smaller chicken breasts around 3 ounces each, plan to cook 4 minutes, flip, and cook an additional 4 minutes.
You can cook other chicken cuts in the air fryer, too!
- Chicken wings: 20-25 minutes at 375
- Chicken tenders: 7-8 minutes at 390
- Chicken nuggets: 8-9 minutes at 390
- Chicken legs: 15 minutes at 380
Can you cook frozen chicken breasts in the air fryer?
Yes, you can! If you don’t have time to thaw the chicken, that’s perfectly fine. It’s difficult to determine exactly how much extra time your frozen chicken will need because it depends on the size and thickness of the chicken. Start with adding an additional 2 minutes, then continue adding 2 minute increments until cooked to 165 degrees F.
Is this chicken good for meal prep?
Yes, this is a fantastic meal prep recipe! You could season and freeze the raw chicken, then cook (thawed or frozen) within 6 months. You could also cook the chicken then shred, slice, or chop to add to salads, wraps, pasta, zoodles, pizza, casseroles… The possibilities are endless!
Meal prepping chicken is an excellent way to save time and ensure you have nutritious, easy meals all week long! You can also prepare chicken ahead of time by cooking it on the grill, in the oven, in a slow cooker, or in an instant pot.
How to store and reheat chicken breast
Allow the cooked chicken to cool completely before placing in an airtight container and storing in the fridge up to 4 days. Cooled chicken can also be frozen and kept up to 4 months.
When reheating the chicken, you want to make sure to not let it dry out. The easiest way to reheat is to microwave in 30-second increments, but this method is quick to overcook the chicken. I prefer to place the chicken in a baking dish or skillet with a bit of water (just enough to cover the bottom of the dish) and bake covered at 350 degrees F for about 10 minutes. You could also do this in a skillet on medium on the stovetop.
What to serve with Air Fryer Chicken
This chicken is easy to make and pair with nearly any side dish! I love serving this with the Air Fryer Green Beans (actually cooks at the same temperature, so feel free to cook them together if your air fryer is big enough!) pictured below and Cheddar Garlic Keto Biscuits.
More Chicken Recipes:
- Chicken Alfredo Zucchini Boats
- Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken
- Easy Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breasts
- Asian Orange Chicken Bowls
Want more low-carb chicken meals? Here’s a great list of 25+ Easy Keto Chicken Recipes!
- 2 large chicken breast, (5 - 6 ounces each)*
- Olive oil
- 2 teaspoons EACH Italian Seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, brown sugar monkfruit (or regular if not keto) and paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F for 3 minutes.
- While the air fryer is preheating combine the spices in a small bowl. Rub or spray the outside of the chicken breast with olive oil. Season each side of the chicken generously.
- Place the chicken in a single layer in the air fryer cook 6 minutes. Flip and cook an additional 5-6 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
If using smaller chicken breast (around 3 ounces) the cooking time will be 4 minutes, flip and cook an additional 3-4 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
Serving Size:1 chicken breast
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 218Total Fat: 8.7gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 664mgCarbohydrates: 1.6gNet Carbohydrates: 0.7gFiber: 0.9gSugar: 0.2gProtein: 32g