Healthy Meatless Mushroom Breakfast Tacos are full of flavor and delicious ingredients! They are the perfect balanced breakfast to start your day.
Tacos at any time of the day is a good idea and these breakfast tacos are no exception! They are full of flavor, packed with fiber, protein and can even be made ahead of time! Freezer-friendly tacos are a lifesaver in the morning and they even make the best breakfast for dinner option.
How to Make Mushroom Breakfast Tacos
To make these delicious breakfast tacos simply heat a skillet with olive oil to medium heat and saute your mushrooms until they are tender. Once your mushrooms are ready, remove them from your skillet and proceed with scrambling your eggs. Once your eggs are ready, assemble your tacos with mushrooms, eggs, cheese, green onions and enjoy! Sometimes I like to top mine with avocado, cilantro, and some salsa. Let me know in the comments your favorite toppings!
What ingredients do you need for Mushroom Breakfast Tacos?
- Corn Tortillas
- Green Onions
- Optional toppings: avocado, cilantro, and salsa
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes to try
- Keto Bacon Egg and Cheese Bites
- Smoked Salmon Toast
- Peanut Butter Cup Chia Pudding
- Healthy Grapefruit Ginger Detox Smoothie
- Classic Avocado Toast
- Keto Lemon Chia Pudding – 2 Ways!
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar
- 4 corn tortillas
- optional: avocado, cilantro, salsa
1. Heat a large skillet to medium heat, with one teaspoon olive oil. Add the mushrooms and sauté stirring occasionally for 2-3 minutes until mushrooms are tender. Remove from skillet.
2. Crack the eggs in a small bowl.
3. Lightly spray skillet with cooking spray.
4. Carefully pour the eggs into the skillet and scramble them, stirring well. Make sure not to overcook eggs.
5. When eggs are soft-scrambled remove from skillet.
6. Lightly spray pan with cooking spray and cook the tortillas 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown and crisp.
7. Wipe skillet clean and evenly distribute the eggs, mushrooms, green onions and cheddar among 4 corn tortillas.
8. Serve with avocado, salsa, and cilantro if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 444Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 414mgSodium: 443mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 27g