These vegetarian Sweet Potato Black Bean Tostadas with Chipotle Cream are full of flavor, protein, and fiber!
If you thought meatless meals weren’t very filling, think again! These Sweet Potato Black Bean Tostadas with Chipotle Cream have all the flavor, protein and fiber you could want! Not only are these tostadas absolutely delicious, but they are are also super easy to throw together and any leftovers make a wonderful breakfast burrito! Seriously, this recipe is an all-around win!
What ingredients do I need to make Sweet Potato & Black Bean Tostadas
- Sweet Potatoes
- Cooked Black Beans
- Olive Oil
- Corn Tortillas
Make a delicious chipotle cream sauce with:
- Sour Cream
- Adobo Sauce
How to make Sweet Potato Black Bean Tostadas with Chipoltle Cream Sauce
You’ll start these tostadas by chopping up your sweet potatoes into cubes. Once cubed, drizzle them with oil, salt, and pepper and bake them for 30 minutes. While your sweet potatoes are cooking, turn them occasionally so all sides are cooked through. After those are finished, add your black beans to the pan with the potatoes and let them warm through. You can buy store-bought tostadas or you can heat a little oil in a skillet and fry corn tortillas to make your own. Finally, combine your sour cream and chipotle sauce in a small bowl. Once you are ready to eat, top your tostadas with some sweet potatoes, black beans, and drizzle with chipotle cream sauce! Other great toppings are red onion, cilantro, and avocado.
More Great Recipes to Serve with your Tostadas
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (15 ounces) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (Adobo sauce is found in canned chipotles)
- 8 corn tortilla
1. Preheat oven to 425
2. Toss cubed potatoes with oil, salt and pepper. Spread evenly on a greased baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
3. Remove potatoes from oven and add drained and rinsed black beans, stir together on pan so beans are warmed through.
4. Combine the sour cream and chipotle sauce in a small bowl.
5. To assemble top each tostada with a scoop of the roasted sweet potatoes and black beans and drizzle with the chipotle cream.
*You can purchase pre-made tostadas in the Hispanic aisle of most groceries. However, if you wish to make your own heat a large skillet to medium heat and add enough canola oil to cover the bottom and fry a soft corn tortilla about 2 minutes on each side until lightly browned. Lay on a wire rack or napkin lined plate to drain off any grease.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 247Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 196mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 9gSugar: 5gProtein: 8g