These Simple Sesame Noodles are ready in 15 minutes making them the perfect side dish or vegetarian meal! Loaded with a savory sesame sauce, these Asian noodles will be a new family favorite!
Sometimes you just need an easy, no-fuss recipe… Something that nobody in the family can complain about. After all, who wants to hear a bunch of whining at the end of a long day? Luckily, these delicious, uncomplicated Sesame Noodles are here to save the day with their savory sweetness!
When I say “uncomplicated,” I mean it! There’s no meat involved, but you can pair this with any leftover pork, chicken, beef, or shrimp you may need to use in the fridge. You could throw the meat in for a noodle bowl or serve the noodles as a side.
In 15 minutes, you not only have tonight’s dinner, but you have the perfect leftover dish, too. They’re great reheated or right out of the fridge! The texture and taste hold up well over time, so meal-prepping a big batch for the week will save you time, money, and stress, too!
Ingredients for Simple Sesame Noodles
As always, you will find the complete recipe below, just keep scrolling. This is a quick overview of the ingredients you will need:
- Noodles: gluten free or regular spaghetti noodles, rice noodles, pad thai noodles all work well in this recipe.
- Soy sauce
- Toasted Sesame Oil
- Soy Sauce: regular, gluten free, tamari or coconut aminos all work.
- Rice Vinegar
- Chili Garlic Sauce
- Spices: ground ginger, garlic powder, crushed red pepper
How do you make Sesame Noodles?
You just need to follow two simple steps to make the perfect Simple Sesame Noodles! Simply cook your noodles al dente, according to the instructions. Drain and rinse the noodles, put them back in the pot over low heat.
Combine the sauce ingredients with the noodles and stir well. Give the butter a chance to melt and top with sesame seeds, crushed red pepper, green onions and peanuts if desired!
How do you make Gluten Free Sesame Noodles?
We use Barilla gluten free spaghetti noodles and La Choy gluten free soy sauce to make this recipe gluten free. This is an incredibly simple recipe to enjoy without gluten! You can even toss in grilled chicken, shrimp or steak for a complete meal!
Are Sesame Noodles good for Meal Prep?
Certainly! This recipe reheats perfectly and can be enjoyed warm or cold. Simple store in a sealed container in the fridge and the noodles can be enjoyed for up to 4 days.
Other Easy Dinner Recipes
- Gluten Free Broccoli Penne: a great side dish or a vegetarian dinner option.
- Chicken Spaghetti: loaded with chicken, noodles and cheese and also gluten free!
- Pesto Chicken Bake: naturally gluten free, low carb, and keto-friendly!
- Creamy Broccoli Cheddar Rice: one pan, and ready in 20 minutes!
- 12 ounces Spaghetti or Pad Thai Noodles (I used Barilla gluten free)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Optional: chopped green onions, sesame seeds, or crushed peanuts
- Cook the noodles al dente, according to the instructions.
- Drain and rinse the noodles, put them back in the pot over low heat.
- Combine the sauce ingredients with the noodles and stir well. Give the butter a chance to melt and top with sesame seeds, crushed red pepper, green onions and peanuts if desired!
To make gluten free use Barilla gluten free spaghetti noodles and La Choy gluten free soy sauce.
Serving Size:Roughly 3/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 303Total Fat: 12gCholesterol: 15.3mgSodium: 302mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 6gSugar: 2.3gProtein: 8.9g