This one pan, keto-friendly Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice is loaded with flavor! This is the perfect low carb rice substitute!
Are you looking for a new low carb side dish to shake things up? This Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice is just the trick! I have always loved rice, any kind, any way! Now that I follow a low carb lifestyle I really miss my favorite side.
If you have tried cauliflower rice in the past and just couldn’t get on board, I understand. I actually felt the same way at first. However, after a lot of trial and error, I believe I have figured out the trick to light, fluffy “rice” that isn’t soggy at all! Just check out my best tips and tricks below:
Tips and Tricks for the Best Cauliflower Rice
- Use Frozen Cauliflower Rice: for the best results, I recommend using frozen cauliflower rice. The standard size is 10 ounces for the frozen packages, which should serve 4. You can easily use two bags if you wish and double the recipe.
- Watch the Steam: you will notice a lot of steam comes off the frozen rice as it cooks. As long as steam is still escaping there is still moisture in the rice, and it will be soggy. You want to pay close attention; when the steam has dissipated, the rice is done!
- Turn up the Heat: in the final minute or two of cooking, turn the heat up to really be sure you get all the moisture out. This results in fluffy, perfect cauliflower rice!
- Season to Taste: cauliflower rice needs a good dose of salt and pepper. Liberally season the rice to your liking.
Is this good for meal prep?
Yes, cauliflower rice reheats very well. It is also good warm or cold, making it perfect for meal prep. You can enjoy this warm with taco meat, cheese and your favorite Mexican fixings. Alternatively, you can add a few cold spoonfuls to a loaded taco salad to add an extra dose of veggies!
Other Keto Mexican Recipes
This Easy Keto Taco Casserole is one of my favorites. This is a one pan casserole that is loaded with taco meat, vegetables and cheese for about 6 net carbs a serving! It is also great for meal prep, because it reheats and freezes well! Some of my other favorites are:
- Keto Zucchini Tortillas: about 1 net carb each and so delicious! Perfect for wraps, tacos and more!
- Cheesy Keto Taco Soup: an easy, cheesy no bean taco soup! Less than 6 net carbs per serving!
- One Pan Keto Green Chili Chicken: a simple, one pan meal that is ready in under 30 minutes! This recipe has over 600 five star reviews, it is really that good!
More Cauliflower Recipes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeño, chopped and seeds removed
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen Cauliflower Rice
- Zest from 1 lime (about 1 1/2 teaspoons)
- Juice from 1 lime (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1/4 -1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped (add to your preference)
- salt and pepper to taste (this NEEDS salt and pepper, do a taste test and add to your liking)
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan, saute the minced garlic, red onion and jalapeño 1-2 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the frozen cauliflower rice (tap the bag on the counter top a few times before opening to help break up any clumps)
- Sauté the cauliflower rice 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. The rice will produce a lot of steam as it cooks, it is almost done when the steam has dissipated.
- Turn the heat up slightly (this helps to remove any additional moisture) stir in the zest, lime juice, cilantro and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add any additional lime zest, juice or cilantro to your liking.
Serving Size:roughly 3/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 61Total Fat: 3.6gSodium: 147mgCarbohydrates: 6.6gNet Carbohydrates: 4.1gFiber: 2.5gSugar: 3.1gProtein: 0.5g