These Grilled Shrimp Tacos are topped with a delicious homemade grilled pineapple salsa for the perfect sweet and salty combination!
Grilled Shrimp Tacos
These grilled shrimp tacos could not be easier to make! They can be cooked on the grill, in a grill pan or on a skillet. I’ve topped them with this simple and delicious pineapple salsa. It is sweet, spicy, and super juicy! It is the perfect topping for your taco, side to your barbeque, or just a delicious and nutritious homemade snack!
Ingredients to make Grilled Shrimp Tacos with Homemade Pineapple Salsa
- grilled pineapple
- red onion
- jalapeno pepper
- fresh cilantro
- apple cider vinegar
- cayenne pepper
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- salt + pepper
Grilling shrimp is super simple and really quick. Since the shrimp cooks so quickly on the grill, it is easy to overcook and dry them out. To avoid this either grill your shrimp with the shells still on or keep an eye on your shrimp and take them off as soon as they are ready.
To grill the pineapple, cut off the rind and then cut your pineapple into large discs. I leave the core in when I am grilling pineapple, but feel free to cut it out if you’d prefer. Place your pineapple discs on the greased grates of your grill and cook until each side is slightly charred and caramelized.
How to make Grilled Shrimp Tacos and Homemade Pineapple Salsa
- Season Shrimp: place your shrimp in a large bowl or bag and toss with olive oil and seasonings until coated
- Pineapple: peel pineapple and slice into disks
- Heat your grill to medium heat
- Grill the pineapple: place the pineapple onto the grates, directly over the coals and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until pineapple is fork-tender and caramelized
- Make the salsa: while the pineapple is cooking, chop the tomato, red onion, jalapeno pepper, and cilantro. Once the pineapple is cooked, chop it and mix all the salsa ingredients together and place the salsa in the fridge to cool
- Grill the shrimp: Place shrimp directly on the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until they are pink and opaque throughout.
- Cook the tortillas: if you are using corn tortillas, place them on the grill until they start to cook and have golden spots in them.
- Now assemble and enjoy!
More easy and delicious dinner recipes
- Easy BBQ Shrimp Recipe
- Grilled Shrimp and Vegetable Kabobs
- Chicken Taco Salad Board
- Spicy Thai Salad with Chicken
- Vegetable Lo Mein Recipe
- One-Pan Cheesy Chicken & Spinach Pasta
- 10 corn tortillas
- 1 pound shrimp
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup grilled pineapple, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- salt to taste
1. Place shrimp in a large bowl. Toss with the shrimp seasoning and set aside.
2. Peel pineapple and slice into rings
3. Preheat your grill to medium heat. Approximately 450°F degrees
4. Place the pineapple onto the grates, directly over the coals and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until pineapple is fork-tender and caramelized
5. Chop tomato, red onion, jalapeno pepper, and cilantro for salsa. Chop pineapple once ready and combine all salsa ingredients, mix well. Place in the fridge until ready to serve.
6. Place shrimp on grill and cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until they are pink and opaque throughout
7. Cook corn tortillas by placing them on the grill and cooking until they have golden spots on them. Place tortillas in foil to keep them hot until you are ready to serve.
8. Assemble tacos and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 251Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 191mgSodium: 1212mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 24g