This Chicken and Spinach Pasta is a quick one-pan dinner that is made with kitchen staples and only takes 30 minutes!
One Pan Pasta
I am a firm believer that everyone needs a few delicious and easy one pot meals in their recipe box. This One Pan Mushroom Chicken and Easy Taco Mac are also two incredibly delicious meals that stay on rotation in my kitchen.
Some days are entirely too crazy and exhausting to even think about what to cook and on those days this One Pan Cheesy Chicken and Spinach Pasta comes through to save the night! I almost always have all the ingredients on hand and it takes less than an hour to come together.
Ingredients for Chicken and Spinach Pasta
The best part about this recipe is that it is made in one pan! The second best thing is that the ingredients are so basic. This recipe has mostly pantry staples you probably keep handy.
- Chicken breast: cut into small bite sized cubes.
- Minced garlic: freshly minced garlic works best in this recipe.
- Spices: Italian seasoning, Garlic powder, Onion powder, Salt + Pepper
- Liquid Ingredients: Broth, Milk, and Heavy cream
- Elbow noodles: I use Barilla gluten free noodles, but regular noodles will also work.
- Butter: salted or unsalted butter.
- Parmesan: asiago or romano cheese is a great option to mix up the flavors.
- Spinach: fresh spinach, stems removed if you prefer.
How do you make Chicken and Spinach Pasta?
- In a large skillet cook the chopped chicken over medium heat.
- Add the spices and garlic, stir, add broth, milk, and noodles, and stir again.
- Cover your pan, reduce heat and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Once your noodles are cooked, remove from heat and add heavy cream, butter, parmesan, and spinach.
- Stir everything together, cover for a few more minutes until the spinach has wilted and cheese has melted.
Just five simple steps give you an easy one-pan pasta dish that has all the flavor of chicken alfredo!
Can I use a different protein?
Of course! If you prefer a different protein, feel free to use your favorite! Ground sausage, turkey or chicken would work great in this recipe. You could also use link sausage or turkey or chicken links as well. If you’re a vegetarian, feel free to completely omit the meat or use tofu! You can really make this one pan pasta your own!
Is this pasta good for meal prep?
Absolutely! Simply make this pasta ahead of time and place into meal prep containers and keep in the fridge. I packed mine with Roasted Pumpkin Seeds and Roasted Broccoli. If you’re looking for more meal prep ideas with chicken, check out this list of Meal Prep Ideas for Shredded Chicken.
How to Store and Reheat One Pan Pasta
This pasta is so easy to store and warm for leftovers or lunches. To store, place in a plastic or glass container with an airtight lid and put into the fridge. This pasta will stay fresh for up to four days. You can warm this pasta in either the microwave or on the stove top. In the microwave, place into a microwave safe dish and warm in 30 second increments until your desired temperature is met. On the stove top, place into a small pot and add a little broth so it doesn’t dry out. Warm over medium low heat and stir regularly.
More One Pan Recipes
- Gluten-Free Lemon Butter Broccoli Penne
- Easy Taco Soup
- One Pan Shrimp Pasta with Feta and Arugula
- One Pan Enchiladas
- One Pan Pork Chops and Rice
- Instant Pot Collard Green and Black-Eyed Pea Soup
- 1 pound chicken breast, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1.5 cups broth
- 1.5 cups milk
- 1.5 cups dry Varella gluten-free elbow noodles
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1.5 cups parmesan
- 3 cups spinach
1. In a large skillet cook the chopped chicken over medium heat.
2. Add the spices and garlic, stir, add broth, milk, and noodles, and stir again.
3. Cover your pan, reduce heat and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes.
4. Once your noodles are cooked, remove from heat and add heavy cream, butter, parmesan, and spinach.
5. Stir everything together, cover for a few more minutes until the spinach has wilted and cheese has melted.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 421Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 117mgSodium: 917mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 39g