This Keto Chicken Zucchini Stir-Fry is a low carb, one pan dinner recipe. Each serving of this chicken vegetable stir-fry has about 2 net carbs!
Here is an easy, healthy, one pan dinner for the win! I have always loved a hearty stir-fry! There is something so delicious about pan seared meat and vegetables tossed in a tangy Asian sauce. To me it is a dish that feels indulgent, but really isn’t!
While there are many Asian dishes that aren’t compatible with a low carb or keto diet because they are loaded with rice or noodles, this recipe happily fits a low carb lifestyle! Checkout the recipe, tips and tricks and substitution suggestions below!
Ingredients for Keto Chicken Stir Fry
This easy Keto Chicken Stir-Fry comes together with just a few basic ingredients that are mostly pantry staples. Here’s what I used for this recipe:
- Soy sauce (use certified gluten-free, if needed)
- Rice vinegar
- Brown sugar swerve or Monkfruit (other sweetener of choice if not keto)
- Sesame oil
I think one of the things that makes stir fry so great are the toppings! Adding elements like nuts, peanuts, cashews or sesame seeds give the perfect bit of crunch.
I also think stir fry is amazing when topped with fresh green onions because it really brings all the flavors together. The toppings are optional, but highly recommended!
How to Make Keto Stir Fry
Like I said before, this keto chicken stir-fry is a cinch to make and is ready in about 30 minutes. Here are the basic steps:
First, make the keto stir-fry sauce: Combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sweetener, sesame oil ginger and garlic, stir well and set aside. Cook the chicken and zucchini: Heat a medium size skillet over medium heat. Add oil for frying.
Thinly slice the chicken breast and season with salt and pepper. Move chicken to skillet and fry until lightly browned.
Add in sliced zucchini, stir and cook 2-3 more minutes. Add stir fry sauce. Cover, reduce heat to low and allow to simmer 10 minutes.
Substitutions for Chicken Zucchini Stir Fry
This low-carb stir-fry is easy to customize based on what you have on hand. The sauce is a very delicious, rich asian sauce that pairs well with lots of other proteins and vegetables.
These are some low-carb vegetables that would work as well:
- Snow Peas
- Sliced bell pepper
- Sliced Radish
If you are not worried about carbs you can double the sauce and toss with cooked lo mein noodles. That creates a really hearty, delicious dish that your whole family will love!
Tips for Making Chicken and Zucchini Stir Fry
- Cut your chicken and zucchini thinly so they are cooked through in approximately the same time.
- Use a large skillet or wok so you have plenty of room. Ideally you do not want the skillet to be too full to prevent the dish from cooking evenly.
- If you like spice, stir 1 tablespoon of Sriracha into the keto stir-fry sauce. You could also add red chili flakes.
- For a different spin use thinly sliced pork, steak or shrimp for this recipe.
How to Store and Reheat Keto Chicken Stir Fry
This keto stir fry is a breeze to store and reheat! Simply place in a container with an airtight lid and place in the fridge. This chicken zucchini stir fry will stay good in the fridge for up to four days. When you are ready to reheat, put in the microwave in 30 second increments or until it is warm enough for you.
More Asian Recipes:
If you are looking for other ways to get your Asian food fix try these favorites:
- Spicy Kung Pao Chicken
- Chopped Thai Chicken Salad
- Sesame Shrimp Skewers
- Sesame Pork and Green Beans
- Asian Steak Rolls
For the Stir-Fry Sauce:
- 1/4 cup gluten free soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar swerve (or other keto friendly sweetener)
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
For the Chicken:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or sesame oil for frying
- 1.5 pounds of chicken, thinly sliced
- 1 medium size zucchini, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons cashews, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- Combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sweetener, sesame oil and garlic, stir well and set aside.
- Heat a medium size skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil for frying.
- Thinly slice the chicken breast and season with salt and pepper (to your taste).
- Add chicken to skillet and fry for 5-6 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add in sliced zucchini, stir and cook 2-3 more minutes.
- Add sesame sauce, stir until completely coated.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and allow to simmer 10 minutes.
For a spicy version: add 1 tablespoon Sirarcha to the sesame sauce.
Serving Size:Roughly a heaping cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 285Total Fat: 11.7gCholesterol: 124mgSodium: 1083mgCarbohydrates: 2.1gNet Carbohydrates: 1.8gFiber: 0.3gSugar: 0.5gProtein: 40.6g