This One Pan Keto Philly Cheesesteak Recipe is under 4 net carbs and ready in 30 minutes! This family-friendly meal is a keto diet staple.
One-pan dinners are an absolute must, and this recipe has quickly become one of our favorites. Some of our other easy keto-friendly reader favorites are this Keto Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole and this Keto Lasagna Skillet.
Easy Keto Dinner: Philly Cheesesteak Skillet
You can never have enough one-skillet meals! They are so easy to make, the clean up is usually a breeze, and just like this One-Pan Cheesy Chicken & Spinach Pasta, I know you are all going to love this recipe!
This easy Philly Cheesesteak Skillet is a one-skillet wonder that everyone is going to love. It is full of tender steak, crisp veggies, and melty cheese all in one dish. The best part is that everything comes together in just under thirty minutes!
Keto Philly Cheesesteak Ingredients
- Steak – I used flank steak, but any cut you like will work. For true Philly cheesesteak flavors, use a cut with lots of marbling, like ribeye, skirt steak, or flat iron. If you have a hard time thinly slicing your steak, place it in the freezer for 15 minutes until it is firm and try again.
- Peppers – use 2 bell peppers of any color. Green bell peppers have the lowest carb count.
- White Onion
- Mushrooms – optional! Leave these out if you aren’t a fan.
- Worcestershire – if you don’t have this on hand, you can use soy sauce or coconut aminos
- Apple Cider Vinegar – if ACV isn’t something you enjoy the taste of, try Italian dressing instead.
- Cream Cheese
- Parmesan – this recipe calls for a mix of cheeses, but you may choose to use all mozzarella.
How to Make Skillet Keto Philly Cheesesteak
Start by adding the mushrooms to a skillet, sprinkle with salt and cook until they are golden brown. Once the mushrooms are ready, add some oil to the skillet along with the peppers and onions and cook until they begin to brown. When the vegetables are cooked you’ll remove them from the pan.
Next, you’ll add some butter to the skillet and then start cooking the meat. You will cook the steak in batches so that every slice gets cooked all the way through. By not over-crowing the pan, each piece of steak will have room in the pan to get crispy on the edges. Once all the meat is cooked, remove them from the pan and turn down the heat.
Add the Worcestershire, garlic, and apple cider vinegar to the skillet and stir to release any brown bits from the pan’s bottom. Next, add the peppers, onions, mushrooms, steak, and cream cheese to the skillet. Stir all the ingredients together until they are well combined, and the cream cheese has melted. Lastly, top your skillet with cheese and either pop it under the broiler until it is bubbly or cover the skillet until all the cheese has melted.
One of the best parts of this meal is that there are options! This is a keto staple recipe that’s perfect on its own, or it can be great on hoagie buns for the rest of the family.
More One Pan Keto Meals
- Keto Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole with Cauliflower Rice
- Keto Tuscan Chicken and Asparagus
- Easy Pesto Chicken
- One Pan Keto Green Chili Chicken
- Keto Sesame Chicken Stir Fry
- 1 pound flank steak
- 2 bell peppers of any color (226 g)
- 1 small onion (56 g)
- 4 large (or 6 small) baby Bella mushrooms (4 oz)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
1. Slice steak into think strips. If this is hard for you to do, you can freeze the steak until it is firm enough to slice through (about 15 minutes). Generously season the steak with salt and pepper.
2. Slice peppers and onions into long strips. Also, slice mushrooms.
3. Add mushrooms to dry cast-iron skillet on medium-high heat. Sprinkle mushrooms with some salt and cook until they are golden brown.
4. Add 1 tbsp of butter or oil to skillet and add onions and peppers. Cook until they begin to brown and then remove from pan.
5. Add 1 tbsp butter to the skillet and add in steak in small batches, be sure not to crowd or your edges won’t get crispy! Allow cooking for 1-2 minutes per side. Continue until steak is all cooked.
6. Remove the steak from the pan and turn the heat down to medium. Add Worcestershire, apple cider vinegar, and minced garlic to the pan and stir to release any brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
7. Add the peppers, onions, mushrooms, steak, and cream cheese to the skillet. Stir all the ingredients together until they are well combined and the cream cheese has melted.
8. Top with cheese
9. Pop the skillet under the broiler for 3-5 minutes until the cheese is bubbly or cover the skillet until the cheese is melty
The nutritional information is for the recipe as written, not with substitutions mentioned above.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 225Total Fat: 12.8gTrans Fat: 0gCarbohydrates: 3.9gNet Carbohydrates: 3.3gFiber: 0.6gSugar: 1.6gProtein: 23.1g