Try these Air Fryer Carrots for a healthy side dish ready in about 10 minutes!
Easy Air Fryer Carrots
Air Fryers are little miracle machines. They can take just about any food and turn it into something quite delicious in a matter of minutes. These easy Air Fryer Carrots are no different! With just five basic ingredients you are well on your way to a healthy, crispy side dish even your pickiest eaters will love!
Ingredients for Air Fryer Carrots
As always, you will find the complete, printable recipe card and instructions below, just keep scrolling. This is an overview of the ingredients you will need for these simple air fryer carrots:
- Carrots: fresh carrots, thinly sliced into fry shapes.
- Olive Oil: helps to crisp the carrots as they cook and allows the corn starch and spices to adhere to the carrots. You can use avocado oil if you prefer.
- Corn Starch: you cannot skip this ingredient! This absorbs moisture and helps to make the carrots crisp. You will not get the same results if you skip this ingredient.
- Spices: Paprika and Garlic Salt.
How do you cook carrots in the air fryer?
You will have these delicious carrot fries in just three simple steps!
- As always, preheat the air fryer for 3 minutes at 390 degrees F. This ensures that the carrots cook evenly.
- Toss the sliced carrot fries with oil until they are coated well. Add the cornstarch, paprika and garlic salt and stir very well until completely coated.
- Add the prepared carrots to the preheated air fryer and cook in two 6 minute increments, shaking well between cooking times.
How long do you cook carrots in an air fryer?
You will need to keep an eye on your carrots, they require a good shake during cooking. To ensure they move around and are able to cook evenly. Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees F and cook for 6 minutes, shake and cook an additional 6 minutes.
What kind of Air Fryer should I use?
Any variety should work. I use a Ninja 4 quart air fryer. This recipe works great for this size. If you want to double it I would cook in batches as to not overcrowd the basket.
If you have a larger air fryer such as a 6 or 8 quart you can accommodate multiples of this recipe without a problem. This is also an excellent option, it easily fits four burgers so it is great for those cooking for larger families.
Carrot Side Dish
Carrots are a healthy side dish that pair well with many dishes. These Air Fryer Carrots taste similar to sweet potato fries. They pair particularly well with Roast Chicken, Air Fryer Burgers and these amazing Hummus Wraps. No matter what you pair them with they are sure to please even your pickiest eaters!
Other Carrot Recipes
Air Fryer Recipes for Beginners
Are you new to the air fryer? Here are some of my favorite easy air fryer recipes:
- 4 cups carrots, thinly sliced into fry shapes (about 6 medium carrots)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat the air fryer for 3 minutes at 390 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl toss the sliced carrot fries with olive oil until they are completely coated. Add the cornstarch, paprika and garlic salt and stir very well until completely coated.
- Add the fries to the preheated air fryer and cook 6 minutes, shake well, cook another 6 minutes and cook an additional 4-6 minutes until it reaches your desired texture.
Note: The cooking time will vary greatly depending on how you slice your carrots. Carefully watch your carrots and remove them from the air fryer when they are crisp on the outside and tender on the inside.
Serving Size:3/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 128Total Fat: 7gSodium: 88mgCarbohydrates: 15.9gNet Carbohydrates: 12.3gFiber: 3.6gSugar: 6gProtein: 1.2g