Learn how to cook taquitos in an air fryer for an easy snack! These Air Fryer Taquito instructions work for homemade or frozen taquitos!
Can you make taquitos in an air fryer?
Yes, I would argue that the air fryer is the best way to make taquitos! When you buy frozen taquitos, it already tells you how to make them in the microwave (if you like them soggy) or in the oven (if you like to heat up the house and wait). Cooking in the air fryer gives you perfect crispy taquitos in just 6-8 minutes!
How long to cook taquitos in an air fryer
The length of time it takes for taquitos in the air fryer depends on a few factors:
- Type of Air Fryer – My taquitos were ready in just 6 minutes in the air fryer with a rack, but it took about 7 minutes in a bucket air fryer.
- Number of Taquitos – The more taquitos, the longer it will take to cook. If your taquitos are crowded and touching one another, they will not be as crispy and take more time.
- Frozen vs. Homemade Taquitos – Frozen taquitos take a minute or so longer than homemade.
Frozen Taquitos in Air Fryer
Depending on the brand of frozen taquitos, you will need to cook them at 370 degrees F for 4-6 minutes. I’ve found that the filling of the José Olé taquitos spill out quickly, so I only cook them 4 minutes. If you prefer a super crispy wrap, you may want to go longer, but you’ll lose more fillings.
The filling of the Delimex frozen taquitos don’t spill out super easily, so you can cook them as many as 6 minutes to get a perfectly crispy wrap! Watch them carefully, though–Like all frozen taquitos, they will still burst at the seam if you cook them too long.
Air Fryer Homemade Taquitos
My absolute favorite homemade taquito recipe are these Buffalo Chicken Taquitos. They only require five ingredients, are super flavorful, and they don’t include any mystery fillers or preservatives! You can easily customize them for your preferences, and they’ll be ready super quickly.
Homemade taquitos work best at a high temperature for a short amount of time. Cooking for 3-6 minutes at 390 degrees F is perfect.
What to serve with taquitos
Taquitos are meant to be an easy snack, perfect for movie night munching. You don’t want to complicate it too much, but serving yours with a delicious Keto Margarita is a no-brainer! Adding some great dip like this Chuy’s Jalapeno Ranch Copycat or maybe this Roasted Tomatillo Salsa would be an easy way to upgrade your frozen appetizer.
Easy Air Fryer Recipes
The air fryer is a game-changer in the kitchen! Recipes that used to take forever in the oven can now be completed in a fraction of the time. Plus, you get a delicious crispiness that most other appliances can’t offer! So save some time (and energy) and try these great easy air fryer recipes for beginners:
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls – Get perfectly crispy pizza rolls from frozen… And avoid the exploding mess you usually get from the microwave!
- Air Fryer Sausage – You can use store-bought frozen patties or fresh homemade patties!
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes – Incredibly easy but makes for a classic, impressive side dish. Reheats for a great easy lunch, too!
- Air Fryer Brownie – Forget the microwave mug cakes… This perfectly gooey single-serving brownie is ready in under 10 minutes. Bonus: It’s gluten-free and can be made keto-friendly.
- Frozen or homemade taquitos (link to homemade taquito recipe in notes)
- Allow air fryer to preheat for 3 minutes. If using frozen taquitos, preheat to 370 degrees F; if using homemade taquitos, preheat to 390 degrees F.
- Cook taquitos 4-6 minutes. Homemade taquitos will be finished quicker than frozen.