Air Fryer Baked Potatoes are super crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside! This crowd-pleasing side dish is made quicker and crispier in the air fryer.
Potatoes of every cut and cook method have always been a favorite of mine and now that I have an air fryer, the potato game has been upped! If you do not have an air fryer yet I HIGHLY recommend one! Here and here are my picks. The air fryer can cook food quicker and crispier with the help of their high fan speed and concentrated heat resulting in today’s absolute best-baked potato!
Why This Recipe Is So Good
- Soft, tender & evenly cooked baked potatoes
- Quicker and crispier than other cooking methods
- The perfect side dish with steak, chicken, or even a salad!
- Stuff your baked potato like here and here for the perfect meal all on their own
How To Cook Baked Potatoes in the Air Fryer
- Wash the potatoes well, then pat dry with a paper towel.
- Spray or Rub with cooking oil, liberally sprinkle with coarse black pepper and salt
- Cook for 40-50 minutes
- Carefully remove your potato, cut it open, and top with your favorite toppings!
Top Tips & Tricks
Baking potatoes in the air fryer is pretty straight forward, however there are some things that can go wrong.
- Use the same size potatoes so they will all cook together in the same amount of time
- Check your potato by sticking it with a fork and feeling for tenderness or holding it with oven mitts and squeezing to feel for softness
- It’s okay if your cook time varies. All air fryers are not made equal and potatoes come in every shape and size. Give it time and I bet you will have a nice crispy and tender potato!
- Don’t overcrowd the Air Fryer basket and do not stack the potatoes.
- russet potato
- cooking spray
- sea salt
- Preheat air fryer to 390°
- Wash potatoes well, pat dry
- Spray with cooking oil, liberally sprinkle with coarse black pepper and sea salt
- For medium potatoes: Cook for 20 minutes, carefully turn with tongs, cook 20-25 more minutes
- For larger potatoes: Add an additional 10-15 minutes cooking time
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 176Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 606mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 5gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g