This refreshing Spiked Blueberry Lemonade recipe is perfect for your summer parties! You only need 5 ingredients and 20 minutes for this adults-only treat!
Am I the only one who can’t wait for summer get togethers? I know I can’t be! This lemonade is the perfect way to make your adults-only get together complete!
With simple ingredients you likely already have on hand, this recipe is a breeze! I recently served this at a cookout, and it was a huge hit! We may have gone through more than one batch, but what can I say? It’s summer!
The colors of summer really come together with this lemonade. Just serve it over ice in your favorite glass, and then entertaining your family and friends is a breeze!
Ingredients for Spiked Blueberry Lemonade:
One of my favorite things about this recipe is how few ingredients it requires! That makes this inexpensive and super easy to make on short notice. Here’s a quick overview of what you’ll need:
- Lemon juice
- Granulated sugar
How do I make lemonade with alcohol?
This recipe is simple and only requires two tools: a blender and a mesh strainer (if you can even consider that a tool).
Firstly, you’ll want to place the blueberries, one cup of water, and the sugar into a blender. Blend for at least one minute so that it becomes super smooth. Afterwards, strain the mixture by pouring through the mesh strainer.
Next, you’ll want to combine the blueberry mixture with the rest of the water, the lemon juice, vodka, and ice. Mix well and chill until ready to serve over more ice!
What alcohol is best in lemonade?
This is entirely determined by your own preference, but I like to add vodka because of its ability to take on the flavors of everything else in the pitcher.
If you’d like, you’re welcome to try other alcohols! Substituting light rum, moonshine (be careful of those higher proof varieties!), even bourbon or tequila could be delicious depending on your tastes.
The key is to start with a small amount and increase the alcohol until you’re happy with the flavor.
Tips for the best Spiked Lemonade:
- Fresh squeezed juice always has the best flavor! To get the most from your lemons, warm them slightly in the microwave (20-ish seconds is usually enough) or roll the lemons vigorously in your hands.
- Go light on the alcohol at first, then taste and decide if you should add extra. You can always add more later, but you can’t undo the pour if it is accidentally too much!
- While you don’t have to make this drink far in advance, I do think it’s best when it’s had enough time to completely chill throughout. Give yourself enough time by making it a bit early!
- Garnish to your heart’s content! More blueberries, lemon slices, mint leaves (or even fresh basil or thyme) are beautiful additions to a glass of this spiked blueberry lemonade.
More Summer Party Drinks & Appetizers:
Who doesn’t love a beautiful, bright spread at a Summer party?! Here are some tasty ideas to include at your next gathering:
- Keto Jalapeno Poppers
- Prosciutto & Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms
- Avocado Bacon Dip
- Homemade Pineapple Salsa
- Lemon Cream Pie Ice Cream (no churn!)
- Fruit Sorbet & Sparkling Wine Floats
Looking for more? Here’s a list of 16 Refreshing Summer Drinks You Can’t Live Without!
- 2 cups blueberries
- 5-6 cups water (divided, pay attention to directions)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6-8 oz of vodka (more if you choose)
- Combine fresh blueberries, 1 cup of water and sugar in a blender. Blend for at least 1 minutes until smooth.
- Using a fine mesh strainer, strain the blueberry mixture so your lemonade is smooth.
- Pour the strained blueberry mixture in a large container, add the lemon juice, 4-5 cups fresh water, vodka, and ice.
- Stir well to completely combine.
- After mixing in all ingredients, taste and decide if you prefer more water or vodka. Depending on your preference, you may choose to add more of either!
- This drink is best if it's given time to fully chill before serving.
Serving Size:About 1 Cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 159Total Fat: 0.3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 10mgCarbohydrates: 27.5gNet Carbohydrates: 27.6gFiber: 0.9gSugar: 26gProtein: 0.5g