These Grilled Shrimp Tacos are topped with a delicious homemade grilled pineapple salsa for the perfect sweet and salty combination!
Grilled Shrimp Tacos
It’s finally getting warm and you know what that means- grilling! Last week we had Grilled Jalapeno Lime Chicken with Grilled Zucchini Mozzarella Wraps. For dessert, we enjoyed Keto Lime Pie Bars! Don’t you just love the flavors of summer?
These grilled shrimp tacos could not be easier to make! They can be cooked on the grill, in a grill pan or on a skillet. I’ve topped them with this simple and delicious pineapple salsa. It is sweet, spicy, and super juicy! It is the perfect topping for your taco, side to your barbeque, or just a delicious and nutritious homemade snack!
Ingredients for Shrimp Tacos Recipe
For the grilled shrimp:
- Spices- cumin, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper
For the pineapple salsa:
- Grilled pineapple
- Red onion
- Apple cider vinegar
How to make Grilled Shrimp Tacos
First, place your shrimp in a large bowl or bag and toss with olive oil and seasonings until coated. Next, peel pineapple and slice into discs. Warm your grill to medium heat and grill the pineapple. Place onto the grates, directly over the coals and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until the pineapple is tender and caramelized.
While the pineapple is cooking, chop the tomato, red onion, jalapeno pepper, and cilantro. Once the pineapple is cooked, chop it and mix all the salsa ingredients together and place the salsa in the fridge to cool. Next, place shrimp directly on the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until they are pink and opaque throughout. If you are using corn tortillas, place them on the grill until they start to cook and have golden spots in them.
How to Grill Shrimp for Tacos
Grilling shrimp is super simple and really quick. Since the shrimp cooks so quickly on the grill, it is easy to overcook and dry them out. To avoid this, either grill your shrimp with the shells still on or keep an eye on your shrimp and take them off as soon as they are ready.
To grill the pineapple, cut off the rind and then cut your pineapple into large discs. I leave the core in when I am grilling pineapple, but feel free to cut it out if you’d prefer. Place your pineapple discs on the greased grates of your grill and cook until each side is slightly charred and caramelized.
Tips for the best Shrimp Tacos
- Keep an eye on your shrimp on the grill- you want it to be perfectly cooked, but not overcooked
- For a great flavor, I highly recommend putting your tortillas on the grill!
- Don’t skimp on the salsa! It really brings out the flavor. For great seasoning, I would use fresh cilantro
What can I serve with Shrimp Tacos?
There’s so many delicious options! I chose to serve this dish with things that also complimented the warming season. I started the meal with Sparkling Watermelon Cucumber Coolers! Then, we enjoyed a Sweet Corn Salad with our tacos, but if you don’t like corn, try this Loaded Balsamic Kale Salad. I also made these Crispy Smashed Potatoes and Seasoned Black Beans. For dessert, we had Pina Colada Soft Serve, which was the perfect finish!
More Grilling Recipes
- 10 corn tortillas
- 1 pound shrimp
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup grilled pineapple, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- salt to taste
1. Place shrimp in a large bowl. Toss with the shrimp seasoning and set aside.
2. Peel pineapple and slice into rings
3. Preheat your grill to medium heat. Approximately 450°F degrees
4. Place the pineapple onto the grates, directly over the coals and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until pineapple is fork-tender and caramelized
5. Chop tomato, red onion, jalapeno pepper, and cilantro for salsa. Chop pineapple once ready and combine all salsa ingredients, mix well. Place in the fridge until ready to serve.
6. Place shrimp on grill and cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until they are pink and opaque throughout
7. Cook corn tortillas by placing them on the grill and cooking until they have golden spots on them. Place tortillas in foil to keep them hot until you are ready to serve.
8. Assemble tacos and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 251Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 191mgSodium: 1212mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 24g