This Apple Bacon Cheddar Panini is sweet, salty and absolutely scrumptious! This combination will have you coming back for seconds.
If you are looking for a new and flavorful sandwich to brighten up your lunch, you are in the right place! Check out these Healthy Not Boring Lunches for more inspiration.
Every week I plan out my meals and prep my snacks. I don’t normally prep my lunches and breakfast ahead of time because I like those fresh but I do like to peel my fruit, chop some veggies and make a dip so I have healthy snacks throughout the week.
This delicious Apple Bacon Cheddar Panini was a happy accident! I chopped up some apples and made chocolate hummus for my snack this week but by the end of the week, I needed a new way to finish my apples.
Sweet and Salty Apple Bacon Cheddar Panini
This sandwich is the perfect combination of sweet and salty! The apricot brings a sweet delicious flavor, while the bacon is the perfect salty companion. I used Fuji apples and they were the right about of crunch and sweetness for me. I can never go wrong with sharp cheddar cheese but if you are more of a gouda or pepper jack person, I think those would be great too!
Ingredients for Apple Bacon Cheddar Panini
- gluten-free bread: I use gluten-free sandwich bread but if that is not on your radar, I think sourdough bread would be another great choice!
- fuji apple: I prefer an apple with a little sweetness and crunch. Fuji was perfect for me but honeycrisp or granny smith apples could be good ones too!
- apricot jam: one of my favorite jams for pair with cheeses! It’s a little sweet and a little tart.
- crispy bacon: adds the perfect salty addition to this tasty combination! I like thick-cut bacon, not microwave bacon.
- sharp white cheddar: sharp cheddar is one of my favorite cheeses however if you are more of a spicy person I think pepper jack would be great too!
Change up your sandwich routine with this sweet, salty and crunchy combination! I promise you won’t be disappointed!
More easy & delicious recipes to try
- One Pan Cheesy Chicken & Spinach Pasta
- Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
- Thai Grilled Chicken
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Tostadas with Chipotle Cream
- Gluten-Free Lemon Butter Broccoli Penne
- Instant Pot or Slow Cooker Taco Soup
- 2 slices gluten-free bread
- 4 thin slices of Fiji apple
- 1 tablespoon apricot jam
- 2 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked until crisp
- 1 slice of sharp white cheddar
1. Heat a skillet, grill pan, or Panini press to medium heat.
2. Assemble the sandwich by stacking apple, bacon, and cheddar on one slice of the bread.
3. Spread the jam on the second slice and sandwich together.
4. Butter the outside of the bread and cook 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown.