This Apple Bacon Cheddar Panini is sweet, salty and absolutely scrumptious! This combination will have you coming back for seconds.
Apple Bacon Cheddar Panini
This delicious Apple Bacon Cheddar Panini was a happy accident! I chopped up some apples and made hummus for my snack this week but by the end of the week, I needed a new way to finish my apples.
This Apple Bacon Cheddar Panini completely fit the bill! It’s salty, sweet and completely satisfying! Delicious bacon is paired with sharp cheddar, sliced apples and placed between two slices of your favorite bread with apricot jam and warmed in a panini press, making the perfect breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Sweet and Salty Apple Bacon Cheddar Panini
This sandwich is the perfect combination of sweet and salty! The apricot brings a sweet delicious flavor, while the bacon is the perfect salty companion. I used Fuji apples and they were the right about of crunch and sweetness for me. I can never go wrong with sharp cheddar cheese but if you are more of a gouda or pepper jack person, I think those would be great too!
Ingredients for Apple Bacon Cheddar Panini
- Gluten-free bread: I use gluten-free sandwich bread but if that is not on your radar, I think sourdough bread would be another great choice!
- Fuji apple: I prefer an apple with a little sweetness and crunch. Fuji was perfect for me but honeycrisp or granny smith apples could be good ones too!
- Apricot jam: one of my favorite jams for pair with cheeses! It’s a little sweet and a little tart.
- Crispy bacon: adds the perfect salty addition to this tasty combination! I like thick-cut bacon, not microwave bacon.
- Sharp white cheddar: sharp cheddar is one of my favorite cheeses however if you are more of a spicy person I think pepper jack would be great too!
Tips for the Best Paninis
- I recommend using a panini press– this will help you to get the best even cook on your panini, as well as those signature lines! But if you only have a nonstick pan, that will also work.
- Let your pan or panini press warm up before placing your sandwich on. This will help to ensure you get an even cook all the way through.
- Don’t slice your cheese too thick- you don’t want it to be completely melted and then loose it all out of the sides.
- I prefer my bacon to be crispy for this sandwich- it gives it a great crunch!
More easy healthy recipes
- One Pan Cheesy Chicken & Spinach Pasta
- Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
- Thai Grilled Chicken
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Tostadas with Chipotle Cream
- Gluten-Free Lemon Butter Broccoli Penne
- Instant Pot or Slow Cooker Taco Soup
- 2 slices gluten-free bread
- 4 thin slices of Fiji apple
- 1 tablespoon apricot jam
- 2 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked until crisp
- 1 slice of sharp white cheddar
1. Heat a skillet, grill pan, or Panini press to medium heat.
2. Assemble the sandwich by stacking apple, bacon, and cheddar on one slice of the bread.
3. Spread the jam on the second slice and sandwich together.
4. Butter the outside of the bread and cook 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown.