This Thai Chicken Marinade is the perfect combination of sweet and spicy! This grilled chicken makes an incredible dinner, salad or wrap option.
This Thai Chicken Marinade is absolutely amazing! It is actually a copycat of Panera’s Thai Chili Vinaigrette. It makes an incredible salad dressing, chicken marinade and a great peanut sauce in this Chopped Thai Chicken Salad.
Have you ever had Parea’s Spicy Thai Salad with Chicken? If you haven’t, put that recipe down next on your list! I made a copycat version of my own and I topped it with this chicken. This marinade has the sweet and spice of all my favorite Thai food dishes and gives the chicken all the flavors you want with this salad! This chicken also goes great with homemade lo mein.
How to make the BEST Thai Peanut Chicken Marinade
For this marinade, I used my favorite Panera copycat salad dressing. It is pretty mild in taste. It is a little sweet with honey and peanut butter but leaves a tiny kick in your mouth from the chili garlic. It is seriously delicious and I haven’t found anything it doesn’t taste fantastic on! If you like your food extra spicy, you can definitely increase the chili garlic as much as you would like.
To make this marinade just combine all your ingredients and pour your mixture over 1 pound of chicken. Place your bowl of chicken in the fridge for 1-5 hours while it marinates. Once you are ready to cook your chicken, heat your grill on high to 400° Fahrenheit and cook each side for about 4-5 minutes or until your meat thermometer reads 165° F. I also like to reserve 1-2 tablespoons of the marinade to baste my chicken with while it cooks.
Let’s talk ingredients
The ingredient list for this Thai Peanut Chicken Marinade is super simple and if you often make homemade Asian inspired dishes at home you probably already have them all!
- Peanut butter
- Honey (if you are keto, use brown sugar swerve)
- Soy sauce
- Rice vinegar
- Sesame oil
- Lime juice (or lemon juice)
- Chili garlic sauce
- Minced garlic
- Fresh ginger, minced
Favorite ways to serve Thai Grilled Chicken
This chicken is one of my favorite recipes when I just want to change up a normally boring sandwich or salad. Some of my favorite recipes are:
- Make my favorite Spicy Thai Salad with Chicken
- This Chopped Thai Chicken Salad is one of my favorite lunch recipes! It tastes wonderful on a sandwich, in a lettuce wrap, on a bed of green or even just by itself!
- Pair the chicken with some slaw and this Thai Chili Vinaigrette for a perfect lunch wrap.
- Make some homemade Veggie Lo Mein and add in your sliced Thai chicken breast.
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp lime juice (or lemon juice)
- 2 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 lb chicken
- Combine peanut butter, honey, soy sauce, water, rice vinegar, sesame oil, lime juice, chili garlic sauce, minced garlic, and minced ginger
- Stir well until all ingredients are incorporated
- Pour sauce over chicken and let it marinate in the refrigerator for 1-5 hours
- Heat grill on high to 400° F
- Cook chicken 4-5 minutes on each side, or until meat thermometer reads 165° F
- Reserve 1-2 tablespoons of sauce for basting your chicken while it cooks
For keto: replace honey with brown sugar swerve
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 369Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 107mgSodium: 606mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 30g