This keto-friendly cod recipe is covered in toasted pine nuts and drenched in a delicious lemon, garlic sauce. Paired with green beans and a side salad, this low-carb meal is simple enough to have every week!
We have been eating this cod recipe on repeat! If you are looking for more easy and delicious dinner recipes check out this Keto Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole with Cauliflower Rice and these Chicken Alfredo Zucchini Boats.
Fish is such a simple and healthy dish, I could eat it every other afternoon and never grow tired of it. For this lemon garlic seafood recipe, I used cod but you could use almost any white fish that is available to you. The toasted pine nuts on top make this dish extra delicious with their nutty flavor and extra fat. If pine nuts are not available or simply not on hand, almond or any other nut can easily be substituted.
The best part about this recipe? It is ready in under 30 minutes! Just steam or air fry a little broccoli and dinner is ready!
Is cod allowed on my diet
Absolutely! Unless, of course, you are following a plant-based diet Cod is an excellent source of protein for any diet. If you are following a low-fat, low-carb, paleo, Mediterranean, or DASH diet this low fat-high protein fish will fit into your meal plan seamlessly!
Cod is great because it delivers about 20 grams of protein and only 1 gram of fat per roughly 90 calories. Fats provide more calories per gram than any other calorie source, meaning most of us do not have any trouble getting enough fat into our daily diet. If you are trying to keep that number low come dinner time, this dish is great for you!
How Long to Cook Cod
Fish is a flaky and delicate protein. It doesn’t take much time or high temperatures to get your fish cooked to perfection. For this recipe, we are cooking each side for about 3-5 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fish. A good rule of thumb is to cook the fish until it is opaque in color, will flake apart with a fork, and has reached an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
With a main dish this simple and flavorful, you don’t have to go all out with your side dish. Steamed broccoli with a little garlic and lemon would be delicious. A yummy Cucumber, Avocado, and Tomato Salad would be the perfect summer addition! These Keto Roasted Radishes and Rosemary Garlic Sweet Potato Wedges are two of my favorites!
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 4 skinless cod fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Place pine nuts in a nonstick (or lightly greased) skillet over medium-low heat. Cook until golden brown and fragrant, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a small bowl
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in skillet. Sprinkle fish fillets with salt and pepper and then add to skillet, cooking until lightly browned on each side. About 3-5 minutes on each side, depending on size. Fish should reach 145°F
- After all fish has cooked, melt remaining butter in the skillet, add garlic, and cook for about 1 minute, until fragrant, stirring. Add broth and lemon juice and simmer, craping up any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet, 1 minute. Remove skillet from heat and stir in pine nuts and parsley. Spoon the mixture over fish and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 248Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 107mgSodium: 292mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 42g