Learn how to reheat pizza in the air fryer for the BEST leftovers! Enjoy a perfectly crisp crust and gooey cheese with these reheating tips.
Reheating Pizza in an Air Fryer
Pizza is a classic staple in many households — It feeds a crowd, is often easily available, and it saves well! While some like to eat leftover pizza cold, reheating pizza in the air fryer means you get to have those perfect textures, just like it were fresh from the oven the first time.
These instructions are primarily for thicker handmade crust pizzas, similar to what you may get at common places like Dominos or Pizza Hut. I’m including tips for thin crust and pan pizzas in the FAQ section for reheating pizzas as well.
Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F. This only takes about 2 minutes, and it’s well worth the effort. Giving the time for the air fryer to warm up ensures you’ll have more even heating.
Place pizza slices into the air fryer with plenty of space between slices. You don’t want any touching because that will prevent them from getting crispy and evenly warmed. For most air fryers, you can fit 1-2 pieces of pizza without touching, but larger capacity and rack air fryers likely can hold more.
Cook pizza for 3-6 minutes, depending on your type of air fryer and your preferred level of crispiness. You do not need to turn or shake during cooking time.
I know, leftover pizza is not meant to be “served,” that’s the beauty of it! But hey… If you’ve lucked into 3 days worth of free pizza and want to add some sides to mix things up, I can’t blame you. I’d add these Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks (or this keto and gluten free version), maybe some Keto Jalapeno Poppers, or Air Fryer Ravioli.
Air Fryer Carrots make a great snack as well, great for pairing with pizza when just snacking for movie night or game night.
If you like learning how to reheat pizza, you’ll love these tutorials:
- Cook Taquitos in an Air Fryer – These frozen snacks are so crispy on the outside as well as soft and flavorful on the inside. The air fryer cooks them best!
- Make Homemade Potato Chips – Homemade chips are the perfect crunchy snack! You can make these and bake them for a healthier version of the addictive bagged version.
- Cook Pork Sirloin Roasts – This less common cut can be SO tender and delicious! You can cook them in an instant pot, slow cooker, or dutch oven.
- Make Cold Brew Coffee – This is a great, easy step-by-step that will save you tons of money over the coffee shop!
- The BEST Frozen Food in the Air Fryer – If you love crispy, crunchy, delicious snacks, this list has a great list of the best frozen foods to cook in the air fryer!
FAQs about reheating pizza in air fryer
If you like your thin crust super crispy, 350 degrees F for 2-3 minutes should be fine. If you like it moderately crispy OR if the pizza is super thin, try 325 degrees F for 3-4 minutes instead.
Pan pizza cooks similarly to handmade crust, so 350 degrees F for 3-6 minutes will likely be fine. If you prefer it with a softer crust, lower the temperature 10-15 degrees. Since pan pizza can be quite thick, lowering the temperature rather than shortening the time is likely better.
The oven dries out the pizza and doesn’t crisp up the crust as well. It also takes longer and uses more electricity. For these reasons, the air fryer wins.
Reheating pizza in a skillet on the stove requires near constant attention and takes more time than the air fryer. It also can be easy to overcook the crust without heating the pizza through to the center, so you risk ruining your leftovers. For these reasons, the air fryer wins.