Learn how to make Cold Brew Coffee at home! This simple method results in perfect, strong, smooth iced coffee every single time!
What do you need to make cold brew coffee at home?
As always, you will find the complete recipe and instructions listed below. However, this is a quick overview of the ingredients you will need to make perfect cold brew coffee at home!
- Strong, dark roast ground coffee, water, a pitcher, stainer and a cheese cloth.
Everyone has their own personal preferences when it comes to iced coffee. Experiment with your favorite flavors, mixtures and add ins to create your perfect drink.
How do you make Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate?
Cold Brew Concentrate is made in a few steps, just pour, stir, strain! Just make sure you have the right kitchen tools on hand and this coffee is sure to come out strong and smooth every single time!
- To make cold brew coffee combine 1 (12 ounce) bag of ground coffee with one gallon of water in a pitcher with a lid. Stir the mixture so all the grounds are saturated. Secure with a lid and allow it to sit 24 hours.
- After 24 hours stir the mixture again and fit a strainer with several layers of cheesecloth. Strain the coffee to remove all grounds. If you feel you need to repeat this step to get ultra smooth coffee.
Tips for the Best Cold Brew Concentrate
- Quality of coffee matters, use a good quality dark roast!
- Flavored Coffees work really well. I like the hint of chocolate or cinnamon from some of the flavored coffees. They normally aren’t strong enough to over power your drink. They just add a little something extra.
- Stir the coffee grounds and water for at least a minute. You really want to be sure to completely saturate all the grounds.
- When you strain the mixture use cheese cloth and a wire mesh strainer. I triple layer my cheese cloth.
- I normally strain my mixture twice, but when in doubt do it again. Nobody wants coffee grounds in the bottom of your cup!
How do you make Iced Coffee with Cold Brew Concentrate?
The great thing about this method is it gives you a whole pitcher of ready to go iced coffee which makes grab and go mornings so easy. This is my general recipe for iced coffee, but adjust based on your preferences:
- 8 ounces cold brew coffee
- 1 tablespoon sugar free vanilla simple syrup
- 3 tablespoons half and half
What else can I do with Iced Coffee?
Above I shared how to make a simple iced coffee with sweetener and creamer. You can also make other coffee drinks such as blended drinks, also called Frappuccinos. These drinks often include strongly brewed coffee or espresso, milk, sweetener and a flavor of your choosing. These are some of my favorites:
Other Coffee Recipes
- 1 gallon of water
- (12 ounce) package of ground coffee
- Combine coffee and water in a large pitcher, stir coffee several times to make sure all grounds are completely saturated. Cover and chill 24 hours.
- Using a mesh strainer and a triple layered cheese cloth strain the coffee into a clean pitcher. If needed pour the coffee through the strainer twice, to ensure all of the grounds have been removed from the coffee.
- Discard cheesecloth and the coffee grounds. Enjoy!