Learn how to make perfectly crisp Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks! These instructions work for both frozen or fresh mozzarella sticks!
Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
I love using my Air Fryer for all things appetizer! Whether you’re preparing pizza rolls, taquitos or chicken nuggets, you can make it in your air fryer! Mozzarella sticks are no different. You can use your air fryer to quickly prepare this appetizer from frozen or homemade- whichever you have on hand. This requires no prep work and is so easy!
Can you cook Mozzarella Sticks in an Air Fryer?
You sure can! I prefer cooking these in the air fryer as opposed to the oven. It’s faster, you don’t have to use a cookie sheet and you don’t have to clean anything up! I also personally feel that they get crispier in the air fryer!
How do you make frozen mozzarella sticks?
First, preheat your Air Fryer to 390 degrees F for two minutes. Add your mozzarella sticks in a single layer and cook for 5-6 minutes, shaking the basket midway. Remove and serve!
Gluten Free Mozzarella Sticks
Most mozzarella sticks that you buy at the grocery store are not gluten free, so we have a recipe for Keto Mozzarella Sticks that are low carb, gluten free and air fryer friendly!
How long to cook mozzarella sticks in the air fryer
These will take 5-6 minutes to cook thoroughly. If you have a basket type of air fryer, then you will need to shake the basket and you will likely have to cook in batches. If your fryer has racks, you will need to flip your mozzarella sticks.
Tips for the best air fryer mozzarella sticks
- Be sure to place your mozzarella snacks in a single layer- that way, they will cool more evenly
- Add toppings! I used parmesan and fresh parsley on mine
- Dip your appetizer! Marinara is a great dipping sauce, but you could use any sauce you like!
- Flip your sticks halfway through the cooking time, so they do not overcook on one side. You want them to be crispy!
What should I serve with this recipe?
I made this into a fun dinner of strictly side dishes. We don’t do that too often so it was a fun change of pace! We enjoyed a night of Cheddar Zucchini Cornbread Muffins, Crispy Smashed Potatoes and Ranch Roasted Chickpeas. For a more substantial supper, I recommend Chicken Chimichangas, Caprese Galette or Spicy Sausage Black Bean Pasta for some easy and delicious meals!
More Air Fryer Recipes
- 12 frozen mozzarella sticks
- Optional: parmesan for garnish, marinara sauce for dipping
- Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees for 2 minutes
- Add mozzarella sticks in a single layer and cook 5-6 minutes. Shake once while cooking.
- Remove from air fryer and serve immediately.
Serving Size:3 Mozzarella Sticks
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 270Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 650mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 12g