Crockpot Chicken Tacos are the perfect easy weeknight meal! This healthy dinner recipe requires just 6 basic ingredients and no prep work!
Crockpot Chicken Tacos
Crockpot Chicken Tacos are the perfect set it and forget it meal! Slow cooked shredded chicken is flavored with Ranch seasoning, salsa, lime juice, cumin and garlic powder to make an incredibly flavorful and easy weeknight dinner! This meal takes less than five minutes to throw together and the crock pot does all of the cooking for you.
I love this easy dinner recipe because I know that everyone at the table is going to enjoy it. This kid-friendly recipe is always a huge hit! These easy Chicken Tacos are a game changer for weeknight dinners- add everything to the crock pot in the morning and come home to a meal that is ready to eat!
Ingredients in Crock Pot Shredded Chicken Tacos
As always, here is a quick overview of the ingredients used in our easy Chicken Tacos. For the complete recipe, just scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Chicken breast- fresh or frozen
- Ranch dressing seasoning, garlic powder, cumin
- Salsa verde, lime juice
How to make Shredded Chicken
You can have this Crockpot Chicken ready in only 3 easy steps!
- Spray your slow cooker with nonstick spray or add a liner. Add your chicken.
- Top with your seasonings, lime juice and salsa.
- Cook for 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high. Shred and enjoy!
How to shred chicken
This crock pot chicken basically falls apart, so shredding it is super easy! You can use two forks to pull the chicken apart in the slow cooker, or you can use a hand held mixer to shred the chicken.
Tips for the best taco chicken
- Make things even easier and avoid the clean up! Use a slow cooker liner!
- If you like heat, add your favorite hot sauce!
- Add toppings! Try sour cream, Mexican cheese, guacamole, tomatoes or corn
- If you wanted more of a taco flavor, use this Homemade Taco Seasoning
What should I serve with these easy chicken tacos?
One of the best ways to serve this keto chicken is on a low carb tortilla or on a delicious Zucchini Tortilla! Or serve on top of tortilla chips and make nachos- top with this Smoked Queso and you’ll have everyone at the table clearing their plates! If you want a little more heat, toss in this Homemade Enchilada Sauce. Corn Dip or Avocado Bacon Dip are always so delicious and easy! If you wanted to make a taco salad, try one of these Keto Salad Bowls!
More easy Mexican recipes
More slow cooker recipes
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 packet dry Ranch dressing seasoning
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Lightly spray a small 2 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Add chicken breast
- Top with ranch seasoning, cumin, garlic powder, salsa verde and lime juice
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cool on low for 8 hours or on high for 3-4
- Shred the chicken and place in warm crunchy or soft tortillas.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 314Total Fat: 8gCholesterol: 146mgSodium: 436mgCarbohydrates: 3gNet Carbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 53g