You will love these soft and chewy Keto Peanut Butter Cookies loaded with dark chocolate chips! Each cookie is about 3 net carbs making it a great low carb treat!
I’m sharing a classic with you! These Keto Peanut Butter Cookies are a low carb version of the classic flourless peanut butter cookie recipe most of us grew up loving! As a kid I remember this cookie for its signature hashtag like design, made by pressing a fork into the top of the cookie in a cross pattern. You probably have fond memories of them too!
This is a lightened up, low carb version that is, dare I say, even tastier than it’s carb-ful cousin! It features my favorite sugar free sweetener (no weird taste, I promise!) and sugar free dark chocolate chips. Aside from that you just need a few other basic pantry staples to make these easy cookies.
Ingredients for Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
These are super easy easy peanut butter chocolate chip cookies! Here’s all you’ll need for the recipe:
- Peanut butter
- Brown Sugar Monkfruit (or regular brown sugar if not keto)
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
- Lily’s Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
- Peanuts (optional)
How do you make Low Carb Peanut Butter Cookies
Making gluten-free peanut butter cookies couldn’t be simpler! Here are the basic steps:
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients.
- Use a 1 inch cookie scoop and and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies 10-12 minutes for soft and chewy cookies, or 15 minutes for crunchier cookies.
Is Peanut Butter Keto?
This is considered somewhat of a controversial ingredient. Some people consider peanuts and peanut butter off limits on keto, some don’t. I have always fallen under the notion that if it fits within your daily net carb limits, it works.
However, if you are someone who doesn’t want to or cannot eat peanut butter, you can use almond butter in this recipe. Just make sure you choose a low carb variety (check for hidden honey, etc) and make sure it is a thick almond butter. You do not want to use a runny nut butter in this recipe as it will result in flatter cookies.
Simply look for another nut butter you want to use that resembles the thickness and texture of traditional peanut butter and you will be just fine.
How many carbs are in these cookies?
If using a 1 inch cookie scoop this recipe makes 18 perfectly chewy cookies. Each cookie comes to about 3 net carbs each. You can find the exact nutritional information just below the instructions in the recipe card.
How to Store Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Store these cookies at room temperature for up to 5 days, making these cookies great for low carb meal prep! You can also freeze them for up to 3 months in an air tight freezer safe container.
Tips for the Best Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Use a silicone baking mat when baking any kind of cookie for perfect cookies.
- Let the cookies cool for about 10 minutes before eating them. They need time to set up properly.
- Top with sea salt to really bring the cookies to life! It makes them the perfect sweet and salty treat!
More Keto Dessert Recipes:
- Keto White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- The BEST Keto Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
- Sheet Pan Cookies
- Keto No-Bake Cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar monkfruit (or regular brown sugar if not keto)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 Lily's Sugar Free semi-sweet chocolate chips (or regular if not keto)
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- In a medium size mixing bowl combine all of the ingredients. The mixture will be thick.
- Using a one inch cookie scoop place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies 10-12 minutes for soft and chewy or 15 for crunchier cookies.
- Allow the cookies to cool at least 10 minutes to finish setting.
Top with sea salt for a sweet and salty treat.
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 104Total Fat: 8.7gCholesterol: 10.3mgSodium: 75mgCarbohydrates: 5.4gNet Carbohydrates: 3.3gFiber: 2.1gProtein: 3.8g