You can make these Spinach & Artichoke Stuffed Potato Skins with just five simple ingredients that you probably already have on hand! This easy recipe will become a family favorite!
I have wanted to remake these Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Potato Skins for awhile now! I made this chicken taco board and these potato skins for Superbowl munching, and they were awesome!! Fast forward to now where COVID-19 is in full swing where I am, and we are avoiding the grocery stores at all costs! I have dug all the food that has been shoved to the back of the pantry and freezer to the front line and immediately saw I have everything I need for these yummy crowd pleasers!
Reasons you will love these stuffed potatoes skins
- They are super comforting which is how I like my weeknight dinner
- They are easy to make!
- Uses all everyday pantry staple items
- They are a party favorite!
Spinach Artichoke Potato Skin Ingredients
These delicious potato skins only take five ingredients, and they are ones I almost always have on hand!
Red Potatoes: I like to use red potatoes when I am serving these at a party for an easy personal size appetizer, but russet potatoes work great too.
Cream Cheese: I like using full fat, but reduced-fat works just the same.
Frozen Spinach: Do not forget to defrost the spinach and squeeze out extra water.
Artichoke Hearts: I used canned ones, drained them, and roughly chopped up.
Mozzarella Cheese: If you have a cheese you prefer over mozzarella, feel free to use it and let me know in the comments what you picked!
How to Make Stuffed Potato Skins
Stuffed potato skins seem a little fancy and time consuming, but they are one of the most carefree sides to make and one of my favorites! To make these spinach and artichoke potato skins, you will cook your potatoes in the oven until they are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Once they have cooked and cooled, slice the potatoes lengthwise and begin scooping out the inside of the potato while leaving the skin intact.
While your potatoes are cooking, you can prepare the stuffing. Thaw your frozen spinach and squeeze out all excess water, drain your artichokes and roughly chop them up too. Once you have prepared your produce, you can begin to combine your cream cheese, spinach, artichoke hearts, and mozzarella cheese.
Before you fill your potato skins with your prepared mixture, you will pop them back in the oven one more time, open side down, to get the skins extra crispy. After the skins have crisped up, fill your potato skins with the mixture and pop them back in the oven until they are warm all the way through.
More Easy Recipes We Love!
- Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Potato Skins
- Gluten-Free Lemon Butter Broccoli Penne
- Spicy Thai Salad with Chicken
- One-Pot Cheesy Chicken and Spinach Pasta
- Vegetable Lo Mein
- 12 large red potatoes
- 8 ounces of reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 package frozen spinach, thawed and drained very well
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Wrap potatoes in foil and bake for 45min-60 minutes or until tender.
3. Remove potatoes from foil and slice lengthwise.
4. Carefully scoop the inside of the potato out while leaving the skin intact.
5. Spray the potato skins with olive oil cooking spray and season with salt and pepper. Lay potato skins open side down on a large baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, combine the cream cheese, drained spinach, artichoke hearts, and mozzarella cheese.
7. Remove the potato skins from the oven and fill with the spinach artichoke mixture. Bake 20 minutes.