These easy Air Fryer Nachos are the best snack, ready in just 5 minutes! Customize your toppings using your favorite cheeses, leftover taco meat, bacon, and more!
Air Fryer Nachos
Do you need a super quick dinner or snack? Try these Air Fryer Nachos! This meal cooks in under FIVE minutes and has no clean up! This kid-friendly meal can be made with ingredients you likely already have on hand, saving you a trip to the store! You can also customize these nachos to fit your personal preferences!
These nachos are perfect for the Air Fryer. You can easily double or triple the recipe, making it easy to feed a crowd. Use flavorful refried beans, spicy taco meat, zesty chicken, or juicy shredded beef to make Mexican nachos with creamy cojita cheese, crunchy tortilla chips and a tangy yogurt sauce!
You can try Parmesan Bacon Ranch nachos, too — spicy Mexican cheese, crispy bacon, sharp parmesan and creamy ranch! In only five minutes, you can have crispy nachos ready for you to dive in!
Ingredients for Nacho Recipes
As always, here is a quick overview of the ingredients used in our Air Fryer Nachos. For the complete recipe, just scroll to the bottom of the page.
For the Mexican Nachos:
- Tortilla chips
- Refried beans
- Taco meat- you can also use shredded chicken, beef or whatever you prefer
- Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Cojita cheese
- Optional toppings- sour cream, avocado, tomatoes, fiesta ranch yogurt
For the Parmesan Bacon Ranch Nachos:
- Tortilla chips
- Shredded cheese- I used Mexican blend, but any you have will be fine
- Shredded parmesan
- Ranch dressing
How do you make nachos in air fryer?
These nachos only need a few steps and only five minutes to cook! First, put a layer of aluminum foil in your air fryer. This way you can easily transport your nachos from the air fryer to a plate, as well as eliminating clean up!
Next, preheat your air fryer to 370 degrees F. Now, you layer! Place your chips in the bottom (try not to leave large gaps, so your toppings don’t fall through) and cover with meat, cheese, and beans.
If making more than two servings, repeat layers of chips and toppings up to 3 layers. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the cheesy is bubbly and melted. That’s it!
Can I double this recipe for air fryer nachos?
Absolutely! It is super easy to add more layers so you can cook more at once. All you need to do is stack the layers!
The best way to get crunchy chips loaded with toppings is to layer chips, toppings, chips, toppings, chips, toppings (up to 3 layers). This can get you several servings of nachos even in a small air fryer! However, for air fryers with racks, I only recommend 2 layers per rack.
Best Nacho Toppings
One of the best things about this recipe (besides how quickly it cooks!) is how you can customize it to whatever you like! Give these a try:
- Chicken, bacon and ranch
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheese
- Chili cheese
- Chicken cordon bleu- a great way to use up leftover ham and chicken!
- 5-cheese blend
- Peppers and onions- try these Fajita Veggies
- Seasoned black beans and sweet potato
- Jalapeno and chicken
- Carne asada- try this Marinated Flank Steak for a great flavor!
- Carnitas- I love these Instant Pot Carnitas
- Pico de Gallo- for a fun twist, try this Apple Pico da Gallo!
- Cajun shrimp
Are Air Fryer Nachos good for meal prep?
This recipe is fantastic for meal prepping! If you know you’ve got a party coming up, a family gathering or a fun movie night, get these nachos ready to go so you can have a 5 minute meal on the table and not miss any of the fun!
Simply prepare your toppings ahead of time and layer them on your chips in the Air Fryer when you’re ready to prepare and serve. To make things even easier, you can prep your ingredients in individual sandwich bags (or a gallon bag if you plan on making more) and freeze them. Thaw when you’re ready to use and you’re ready to go!
What should I serve with Nachos in Air Fryer?
More Air Fryer Recipes
More Easy Recipes
- 2 cups Chips
- 1/4 cup Refried Beans
- 1/2 cup Taco Meat
- 1/4 cup Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese
- 1/4 cup Cotija Cheese
- 1/3 cup Salsa
- Optional: Sour cream, fiesta ranch yogurt* (recipe in notes), avocado, tomatoes
Parmesan Bacon Ranch Nachos
- 2 cups Chips
- 1/4 cup Shredded Cheese (I used Mexican Blend, but any would work)
- 3-4 slices Bacon
- 1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan
- 1/4 cup Ranch dressing
- First, put down a tray or sheet of aluminum foil. This will allow you to remove the nachos from the basket and transfer to a plate. Preheat air fryer to 370 degrees F.
- Layer the bottom with chips. Cover as much as possible so that the toppings will not slip through.
- Cover with meat, cheese, and beans. If making more than two servings, repeat layers of chips and toppings up to 3 layers.**
- Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the cheesy is bubbly and melted.
- Remove from air fryer and add additional toppings (sauces, sour cream, tomatoes, avocados, etc.). Serve immediately.
Ingredients and amounts are easily customized based on your preferences!
*Fiesta Yogurt: Mix 16 ounces of plain, unsweetened yogurt with one packet of Hidden Valley Ranch fiesta dip mix. Add juice from one lime, then stir and add water until it reaches a drizzly consistency.
**Making more than 2 servings: If you are serving more than two people, make more by stacking the layers! The best way to get crunchy chips loaded with toppings is to layer chips, toppings, chips, toppings, chips, toppings (up to 3 layers). This can get you several servings of nachos even in a small air fryer! **For air fryers with racks, I only recommend 2 layers per rack.
Serving Size:1/4th of recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 464Total Fat: 32.1gCholesterol: 62.6mgSodium: 833.2mgCarbohydrates: 24.1gFiber: 2.5gSugar: 2.2gProtein: 19g