These Air Fryer Carrots are tossed in olive oil, parmesan and spices! These roasted carrots are perfectly tender on the inside and crisp on the outside.
Carrots are a pantry staple in our home. They are inexpensive, easy to prepare and go with just about anything! They are an extra versatile vegetable because they are great enjoyed raw or cooked. When cooked carrots have a completely different taste and texture than raw carrots. Since carrots contain natural sugar when they are roasted it caramelizes and creates a candy like flavor that is so hard to resist!
These Air Fryer Carrots have that signature roasted carrot quality. They are a bit sweet, crispy on the outside and tender on the inside! The best part about this recipe is that it is ready in less than 15 minutes and requires very few ingredients!
Roasted Carrot Ingredients
As always, this is a quick overview of the ingredients you will need for this recipe. To get to the complete, printable recipe card just keep scrolling. For roasted carrots you will need these four ingredients:
- Carrots: you can absolutely use baby carrots, or pre-sliced carrots in this recipe. My personal preference is to use full size carrots, peel and slice. This ensures I can slice the carrots nice and uniform so the carrots finish cooking at the same time.
- Olive Oil: you can also use avocado or coconut oil if you wish. Any neutral oil will work in this recipe. The purpose of the oil is to help the seasonings adhere to the carrots and to aid in creating a crispy exterior.
- Parmesan: you will want to use grated or powdered parmesan for this recipe. Shredded parmesan is not a good option because it will not adhere to the carrots and create the “crust” you need for the best results.
- Spices: for this recipe I use garlic powder, salt and pepper. However, you can play around with other flavor profiles if you wish. Below are some other seasonings that pair well with carrots.
How to cook Carrots in Air Fryer
This recipe is prepared in three quick and easy steps. For the best air fryer carrots you will just need to follow this guide:
- Slice: The first step is to peel and slice your carrots. There is no right or wrong way to slice the carrots, but I like to slice my carrot lengthwise. Then cut each half of the carrot into two section. Then cut on the diagonal. Above you will find a step by step guide.
- Toss: Add the sliced carrots to a bowl, toss with olive oil, 2 tablespoons of the parmesan, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Be sure the mixture coats the carrots well.
- Fry: Add the seasoned carrots to a preheated air fryer. Cook for 6 minutes, toss the carrots and add the remaining tablespoon of parmesan. Cook 5-6 more minutes until the inside of the carrot is tender and the outside is crispy.
How long to cook Carrots in Air Fryer
This will depend on how you sliced your carrots. Thicker pieces will take longer, but as pictured these carrots will be done in 12-15 minutes if cooked at 360 degrees F. Don’t forget to shake the basket during cooking, this will help you carrots cook evenly.
Spices for Carrots
This recipe uses garlic and parmesan. The savory ingredients pair well with the sweet carrots. However, the options for this recipe are endless! Some great flavor combinations are:
- Ranch: dill is an herb that pairs well with carrots. Instead of using garlic powder use powdered Ranch seasoning in this recipe for a fun spin on roasted carrots. After all, who doesn’t love carrots dipped in Ranch?
- Italian: in addition to the ingredients already used add 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning.
- Smokey: in addition to the ingredients already used add 1 teaspoon Smoked or regular paprika.
- The Perfect Roast Chicken or Buffalo Roast Chicken
- Parmesan Tilapia or Shrimp Scampi
- Shredded Beef or Easy Steak Tips
Air Fryer Side Dish Recipes
- Air Fryer Baked Potato: perfectly fluffy in the inside and crispy on the outside.
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges or Air Fryer Fries: both great in the air fryer and super easy!
- Air Fryer Asparagus: it’s never been easier to add some color to your plate.
- Easy Air Fryer Green Beans: our families favorite side, we have them at least once a week.
- 4 cups carrots, peeled and sliced as pictured
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 for 3 minutes.
- In a bowl toss the carrots with olive oil, two tablespoons of the parmesan, the garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce the heat to 360 degrees F and cook for 6 minutes. Toss the carrots and sprinkle the remaining 1 tablespoon of parmesan. Cook the carrots an additional 5-6 minutes until fork tender.
Remember, the cooking time will vary based on how thickly you slice your carrots.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 129Total Fat: 8.3gCholesterol: 3.7mgSodium: 153mgCarbohydrates: 12.7gNet Carbohydrates: 9.1gFiber: 3.6gSugar: 6.1gProtein: 2.7g