Air Fryer Asparagus is the perfect keto side dish! A generous serving of this healthy recipe is only 2.1 net carbs!
Air Fryer Asparagus
I love using my Air Fryer for anything and everything, especially side dishes. Green Bean Fries, Brussel Sprouts or a Keto Brownie, there are so many great ways to utilize this appliance while sticking to your low carb diet!
This Air Fryer Asparagus comes out crispy while being perfectly cooked, and is only 2.1 net carbs per serving! This is such a delicious, healthy keto recipe!
Can you cook asparagus in air fryer?
Absolutely! Asparagus is so simple to cook in the air fryer and is ready in just a few minutes. The best part? There’s hardly any clean up! The texture of asparagus that’s been cooked this way is very crispy without being overdone or burned. The inside is also not mushy, which is so important! This dish is sure to please everyone at your table!
Ingredients in keto asparagus recipe
As always, here is a quick overview of the ingredients used in our air fryer asparagus. For the complete recipe, just scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Asparagus- trimmed; My grocery store only had really thick asparagus, but you can use the smaller, thinner asparagus as well.
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon (optional)
How do you make Air Fryer Asparagus?
First, preheat your appliance to 390 degrees F for 2-3 minutes. Trim your asparagus and place in a bowl or pan. Sprinkle with olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper and mix well.
Next, add your asparagus to your air fryer in a single layer. Cook for 6-8 minutes if your asparagus is thin and 9-10 minutes for thicker stalks. Halfway through cooking, flip the vegetables or shake the basket.
Sprinkle with parmesan and cook for 30 more seconds and remove. Squeeze some lemon juice over the top and you’re done!
How long do you cook keto asparagus?
This depends on the thickness of your asparagus. For thinner stalks, you’ll want to cook for less time, so I recommend 6-8 minutes. For thicker stalks, 9-10 minutes should be just fine.
Tips for the best keto asparagus recipe
- Place your asparagus into your basket or on your rack in a single layer. You don’t want it to overlap or you will not achieve an even cook
- Shake your basket or flip your vegetables halfway through cooking
- I highly recommend fresh lemon juice- it adds a beautiful flavor!
- Be sure to pay attention to how thick your stalks are, so you cook them for the appropriate amount of time
More Keto Side Dishes
- Bacon Wrapped Cabbage
- Crispy Keto Fries
- Keto Cheesy Zucchini Breadsticks
- Almond Flour Keto Sausage Balls
More Keto Air Fryer Recipes
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (or a few quick sprays)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons parmesan
- 1 lemon (optional)
- Preheat air fryer to 390 degrees F for 2-3 minutes.
- Place the trimmed asparagus in a bowl or pan, then sprinkle with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix until well coated.
- In a single layer, cook asparagus for 6-8 minutes for thin asparagus or 9-10 minutes for thick asparagus.
- Sprinkle asparagus with parmesan and cook for 30 more seconds to melt the parmesan. Remove from air fryer, squeeze lemon over the asparagus, and serve immediately.
If using a basket air fryer, you'll want to shake the basket once in the middle of cooking to ensure that they are evenly cooked.
Serving Size:1/4 pound
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 43Total Fat: 2gCholesterol: 1.8mgSodium: 44.7mgCarbohydrates: 4.5gNet Carbohydrates: 2.1gFiber: 2.4gSugar: 2.2gProtein: 3.4g