These Air Fryer Zucchini Pizza Bites are low carb, keto-friendly and require just 6 minutes of cook time!
Air Fryer Zucchini
This is my go to quick and easy lunch recipe! This Air Fryer Zucchini makes an excellent easy low carb dinner or side dish! Zucchini is the perfect vegetable in my book. It is incredibly versatile- you can make tortillas, breadsticks, kabobs, and crispy fries! It also makes the perfect low carb pizza substitute!
Air Fryer Zucchini Ingredients:
As always, this is a quick overview of the ingredients you will need for this recipe. To get the complete, printable recipe just keep scrolling.
- Fresh Zucchini: medium size zucchini work best for this recipe, as air fryers tend to be on the smaller side.
- Toppings: Marinara and Mozzarella cheese, as well as Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
How do you make Zucchini Pizza Bites?
First, slice your zucchini into 1/4 inch slices and place in your lined Air Fryer basket. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Top with sugar free marinara and top with shredded cheese. Heat your air fryer to 375 degrees F and cook for 6 minutes. After 6 minutes, cook in 2 minute increments until the cheese is golden brown and the zucchini is tender.
What temperature do you cook Air Fryer Zucchini?
You will cook this zucchini at 375 degrees F. Cooking at a higher temp will burn your cheese before it has time to properly cook your zucchini.
How long do you cook Zucchini in an Air Fryer?
Cook for an initial 6 minutes and then cook in 2 minute increments until the cheese is golden brown and the zucchini has become tender.
Air Fryer Liners
This recipe would be quite messy without an air fryer liner. You can purchase liners for most air fryers online that are some of the most common basket size liners. However, you can use parchment paper that is cut to fit your specific air fryer if you prefer.
Tips for the Best Zucchini Pizza Bites
- Don’t cut your zucchini too thick. Remember, it has a cooking time of just 6 minutes so nice, thin slices work best for this recipe.
- Use a liner for easy clean up.
- Customize your toppings based on what you prefer. These bites are great with pesto, pepperoni, peppers, onions, black olives and parmesan!
Other Zucchini Recipes
- Zucchini Lasagna
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Zucchini Boats
- Grilled Zucchini Mozzarella Wraps
- Keto Chicken Zucchini Stir Fry
Easy Air Fryer Recipes
- 1 medium size zucchini
- Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup marinara (low carb if keto)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Slice the zucchini into 1/4 inch slices and place on a lined air fryer basket. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Spread about 1/2 tablespoon of marinara on each zucchini slice and top with shredded cheese.
- Heat the air fryer to 375 degrees F. Cook the zucchini for 6 minutes. Cook in additional 2 minute increments until the cheese is golden and the zucchini is tender.
This recipe serves 2 as a meal or 4 as a side dish.
Serving Size:1/2 recipe (about 8 zucchini slices)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 172Total Fat: 11.5gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 401mgCarbohydrates: 5.6gNet Carbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0.6gSugar: 2.5gProtein: 10.8g