Strawberry Cashew Butter is made with simple ingredients and flavored with freeze-dried strawberries. This is a paleo, vegan, sugar-free and whole30-friendly snack everyone will love!
There are not enough words to say how good this Strawberry Cashew Butter is!! ?? It is creamy, fruity, sweet and taste amazing on anything and everything! (especially on anything with chocolate!!)
Homemade nut butter takes no effort to whip up and the flavor options are endless! To make nut butter all you need are nuts, coconut oil and salt. Some nuts release so much oil while breaking down, you don’t even need coconut oil but if you like yours extra dippable then adding coconut oil helps. To make flavored cashew butter, like todays recipe, all you have to do is add freeze-dried fruit! It is that easy! Today’s recipe only uses 5 ingredients and it is the perfect paleo, vegan, sugar-free, whole30-friendly treat!
How to make Strawberry Cashew Butter
- Cashews – pecans, peanuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, Brazilian nuts, macadamia, hazelnuts or a variety of these nuts will work
- Freeze-Dried Strawberries – any freeze-dried fruit will work
- Salt – it enhances the flavor, don’t forget it!
- Vanilla – you can use vanilla extract, vanilla bean, or whatever vanilla you have in your spice cabinet
- Coconut Oil– this is optional and can be substituted with almond or macadamia nut oil
Start by roasting your cashews for about 10 minutes in the oven. This will enhance their flavor and help the nuts to break down and release their oil easier. Once the nuts have cooled, pour them into the food processor, and blend for several minutes. This will take some time and you may have to stop the blending to scrape the sides down a few times during this. Once your cashews are blending down to a creamy consistency, add in the strawberries, salt, and vanilla and continue to blend until you have a smooth and creamy strawberry cashew butter. If your cashew butter has a hard time getting creamy add-in one tablespoon of coconut oil at a time until desired creaminess is reached.
This Strawberry Cashew Butter will undoubtedly be a hit in your house! It is great on toast, pancakes, waffles, rice cakes, and makes the most delicious PB&J sandwich! Don’t forget to tag us on social Instagram and Facebook. And follow along on Pinterest for more delicious ideas!
More Easy Snack Recipes
- Keto Chocolate Covered Strawberry Fat Bombs
- Smoked Salmon Toast – 2 Ways!
- Low Carb Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
- Cucumber, Avocado, and Tomato Salad
- 2 cups cashews (351g)
- 3/4 cup freeze-dried strawberries (96g)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the cashews on a baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, or until fragrant and lightly toasted. Let cool for a few minutes on the countertop. You can also leave the nuts raw if you want.
2. When the nuts are cool, add them to your food processor or high-powered blender. Process for about 3-6 minutes, scraping down as necessary.
3. When the cashews have broken down into a smooth, creamy butter, add the freeze-dried strawberries, vanilla extract, and salt. Process again until fully combined. Add the coconut oil 1 tablespoon at a time if your cashew butter is thicker than you want it to thin out.
4. Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 months or in a sealed container at room temperature for 1 month.
1 serving = 2 tablespoons (28g)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 125Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 70mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g