Add these Strawberry Vanilla Buttermilk Waffles to your morning routine! These gluten-free waffles are a great easy meal prep option!
Waffles are a true comfort meal for me! They are crispy, delicious, and make the perfect base for some yogurt and fruit in the morning. If you are a waffle lover too I know you will love these Strawberry Vanilla ones as well as this savory Sausage Cheddar Summer Squash Waffle recipe.
How to make Strawberry Waffles
These waffles start off with a special touch! First, we put the strawberries in a blender and crush them. Then, add the flour, buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla to the blender with the strawberries and blend everything together until you have a smooth texture.
Once your batter is ready, just heat your waffle iron, lightly spray it and start cooking! To get the perfect amount of batter, I like to use a ¼ cup measuring cup to spoon the batter into the waffle iron. Cook your waffles about 4 minutes until they are golden brown and then dive in!
Gluten-free Buttermilk Waffle Ingredients
These waffles are super simple to make and have pretty basic ingredients too!
- Gluten-Free Bisquick
- Fresh strawberries, stems removed
- Vanilla extract
And that’s it! They really could not be more simple to make. If you are not gluten-free, you can substitute with the original Bisquick, and if you are out of buttermilk check out this recipe to make your own at home!
Waffles store in the freezer extremely well! If you are not going to serve these right away, I suggest letting them cool on a wire rack to help them stay crispy. Once your waffles have cooled completely you can pop them into a storage bag and keep them in the freezer. When you are ready to reheat your waffles, pop them in a toaster or toaster oven and warm them until they are ready to eat again! I like to toast mine in a toaster for about 4 minutes.
More Breakfast Recipes
If you are looking for more meal prep friendly breakfast recipes here are some of our favorites!
- Carrot Cake Chia Pudding
- Flourless Peanut Butter Protein Waffles
- Breakfast Sausage (Keto + Whole30)
- Mocha Chia Pudding
- 1 ¼ cup Gluten Free Bisquick
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, stems removed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Place the strawberries in a blender and blend until crushed, about 10 seconds.
- Add flour, buttermilk, egg, and vanilla to blender. Blend until smooth.
- Heat a waffle maker according to manufactures directions, lightly spray waffle maker with cooking spray.
- Use a ¼ cup measuring cup and spoon the batter into the waffle maker.
- Cook 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 151Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 411mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 5g