This Air Fryer Pizza requires just 7 minutes of cooking time! You can make your favorite pizza with a crispy, crunchy crust right in your air fryer! This is the perfect weeknight pizza recipe.
This Air Fryer Pizza is the easiest, fastest recipe and one of our favorites in our house! This meal is super kid-friendly- everyone will gobble up their dinner! This pizza comes out perfectly cheesy and the crust is amazingly crunchy. Your toppings also come out deliciously crispy- you won’t believe you made this in under 10 minutes!
This meal requires virtually no prep work and is super easy to customize- you can easily prepare multiple pizzas or customized individual pies for everyone in your house! That way, you know each member of the family gets their favorite type of sauce and toppings. You need very few ingredients for this meal and you probably already have several of them in your kitchen. Add this to your menu this week for an easy, no fuss meal that will be a huge hit!
Ingredients in Pita Pizza
As always, here is a quick overview of the ingredients used in our Pita Bread Pizza. For the complete recipe, just scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Pita Bread: you can use a regular, low carb or gluten free pita bread.
- Pizza Sauce: homemade, sugar free or your favorite type would all work well.
- Toppings: pepperoni, turkey pepperoni, cooked sausage, or vegetables.
- Mozzarella cheese: or your favorite Italian cheese blend.
- Italian seasoning: this adds a great authentic flavor to the pizza.
- Olive oil: use your favorite variety, this helps to give the crust a great crunch.
How to Cook Pizza in Air Fryer
In addition to the ingredients listed above you will need an air fryer. You will find detailed information about different air fryer options below. Scroll through to see the step by step process for the perfect pizza in an air fryer!
Season the crust
Brush the bottom of the crust with olive oil and season with Italian seasoning. Brushing with a little oil is going to help the crust crisp up nicely while it cooks in the air fryer.
Add Pizza Sauce
Flip the crust over so the oil brushed side is facing down and spread your favorite pizza sauce over the crust. Be sure to get nice and close to the edges with the pizza sauce. If you prefer a white or pesto pizza this same method will work with Alfredo sauce or pesto.
Add Pizza Toppings
Now it is time for the good stuff! Add the shredded mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, sausage or any other toppings you desire. Be sure you lightly press the toppings into the sauce. Air fryers circulate air as they cook, this means it is possible for the toppings to fly off during the cooking process.
Add Pizza to Air Fryer
Preheat your Air Fryer to 390 degrees for 3 minutes. Once preheated, add your pizza to the basket carefully- it will be hot. Reduce the heat to 350 degrees and cook for 7 minutes. Be sure to check your pizza halfway through- Air Fryers do not all cook the same so the amount of time that worked for my machine may be too much or too little in yours.
What Air Fryer should I use?
There are several different types of Air Fryers on the market. A version with racks will easily be able to cook multiple pizzas at once, which is of course a great time saver.
There are also Dual Air Fryers that have two baskets- you can prepare two different dishes at varying temperatures with this one! Air Fryers with a larger basket, like this version, are also capable of cooking two pizzas at once. If you have a 4 quart Air Fryer, you can prepare one pizza at a time.
Pita Pizza Toppings
- Supreme Pizza: add cooked Italian sausage, pepperoni, bell pepper, red onion and black olives for this classic pizza
- Vegetarian: spinach, bell pepper, black olives, mushrooms, or any of your favorite veggies
- Buffalo Chicken: cooked chicken, buffalo sauce, blue cheese- you can also add Ranch dressing after your pizza is cooked
- Margherita Pizza: chopped tomatoes, basil and mozzarella make up this vegetarian slice
- BBQ Chicken: cooked chicken, red onion and BBQ sauce are used in this pizza
- Hawaiian: pineapple and ham go on this controversial pie!
Air Fryer Recipes You Will Love
- Keto Chicken Wings: crispy and saucy just like they are meant to be!
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges: the best side dish! These wedges are crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside.
- Air Fryer Zucchini with Parmesan: my go to side dish, so easy and everyone loves it!
- Keto Coconut Shrimp: everything you love about the classic dish, but without frying!
- Air Fryer Corn dogs: a simple go to lunch or dinner option!
- 1 pita bread (regular, low carb or gluten free)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Italian seasoning to taste
- 2 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 4-6 pepperoni slices
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees F for 3 minutes.
- While the air fryer is preheating brush the bottom of the pita with olive oil and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Flip the crust and add the pizza sauce, pepperoni, cheese and Italian seasoning to the pita bread. Carefully place in the preheated air fryer basket (or asssemble the pizza in the air fryer)
- Reduce the heat to 350 and cook for 7 minutes.
Check the pizza halfway through cooking. Remember all air fryers cook differently, so you want to keep an eye on this pizza as it cooks.
Serving Size:1 pizza
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 365Total Fat: 14.2gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 1089mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 2.5gSugar: 2.4gProtein: 20g