Make Air Fryer Hot Dogs for a super simple lunch or dinner! This kid-friendly recipe could not be easier!
Air Fryer Hot Dogs
My nieces and nephew are always asking us for hot dogs, and some days it’s just too gross outside to fire up the grill! So that is why I knew I needed to learn how to make these bad boys in my favorite kitchen appliance- the Air Fryer! This recipe works for chicken dogs, turkey, or even vegan options. It’s also perfect for brats!
Can you cook Hot Dogs in Air Fryer?
You surely can! Honestly, is there anything you can’t prepare with this awesome machine? You can have grill-quality dogs in just minutes! This meal is so easy, requires no prep or clean up and trust me, it is kid approved!
How to make Air Fryer Hot Dogs
First, preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees F for 2-3 minutes. Place your dogs in an even layer and cook for 5-6 minutes, flipping halfway. You want them to be sizzling, but not bursting open. You can warm your buns simultaneously! Just cook your dogs for 3-4 minutes, then flip them and add your buns. Cook for 2 more minutes and you are good to go!
Tips for the best Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- Add toppings! Some of my favorites are mustard, ketchup, and relish. But I know some people who add cheese and mayonnaise to theirs! You can also add chili and top with cheese!
- Be sure to not overcook your food. You don’t want your dogs to burst open while cooking!
- I highly recommend toasting your buns, in either the toaster or in the air fryer. It adds so much flavor!
- Flip halfway through cooking for an even cook
More Cookout Recipes
- 30+ Low Carb Cookout Recipes
- Greek Chicken Kabobs (keto + low carb)
- The Best Chipotle Ranch Grilled Chicken
- 12 Easy Foil Pack Recipes
More Kid Friendly Recipes
- Crispy Homemade Hash Browns
- Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
- Lemon Cookies
- Keto Pretzel Bites with Cheese Sauce
- 6 hot dogs
- 6 hot dog buns
- Optional toppings: mustard, ketchup, cheese, relish, sauerkraut etc.
- Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees F for 2-3 minutes
- Place the hotdogs in an even layer and cook 3-4 minutes. They should be sizzling but not bursting.
- Shake the hot dogs, then add the hot dog buns and continue to cook for 2 more minutes.
- Remove, assemble hot dogs, and serve immediately.
Note: If not toasting the buns, then simply cook the hot dogs 5-6 minutes, shaking once during cooking.