Try these Keto Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars for a creamy, decadent, low carb treat!
You guys love cheesecake as much as I do! The most popular recipe on this site is my Keto Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars, and for good reason! This easy keto dessert has basic ingredients you probably already have on hand if you are used to keto baking. They are perfectly sweet and just as satisfying as traditional cheesecake without the carbs!
Today, I am sharing another spin on low carb cheesecake bars! These bars feature a shortbread crust, a creamy filling featuring peanut butter and vanilla and an amazing dark chocolate topping! This is exactly the kind of dessert you might think you can’t have on keto, luckily for you, you can!
Ingredients for Keto Cheesecake Bars
- Almond flour
- Confectioners Monkfruit Sweetener or Swerve Monkfruit Sweetener
- Vanilla Extract
- Peanut Butter (you can use another nut butter if you prefer, the nutritional information will just be different)
- Cream Cheese
- Lily’s Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
How to Make the Best Keto Cheesecake Bars
These are so easy to make. The first thing you will need to do is line an 8×8 baking pan with foil or parchment paper. This makes clean up and removing the bars for cutting much easier.
Next, prepare the crust by combining the melted butter, almond flour and confectioners sweetener. Press the dough into the bottom of the crust and bake at 350 degrees F for 7 minutes. It is important to allow the crust to cool completely before adding the cheesecake filling or it will tear the crust.
Meanwhile, prepare the filling by combining the cream cheese, peanut butter, confectioners sweetener, vanilla extract and egg with an electric mixer. When the crust is completely cool carefully spread the cheesecake mixture over the crust. Tip: this is so much easier if the cheesecake mixture is at room temperature, when it is cold it is much harder to spread. Bake the cheesecake bars and allow them to cool completely.
Lastly, combine melted butter and Lily’s sugar free chocolate chips to create a delicious melted chocolate topping. Pour over the cooled cheesecake bars, carefully tipping the dish back and forth so it is evenly spread across the bars. Chill at least two hours.
Tips for the Best Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars
- This recipe uses an 8×8 pan, be careful to use the correct size or your bars will be quite thin and you may not have enough chocolate topping.
- The crust is very buttery, some consider this hard to work with. Just do your best to press it in the bottom of the pan. When baked the crust is a delicious buttery shortbread that is totally irresistible.
- You MUST allow the crust to cool completely before adding the cheesecake.
- If you find the Lily’s chocolate too dark for your tastes you can stir in 1 tablespoon of confectioners sweetener to the melted chocolate mixture.
- If you accidentally heat the chocolate too fast or too long and it seems overcooked add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or butter at a time, stir well and the chocolate will loosen up again.
How many carbs are in each keto peanut butter bar?
When cut into 12 equal sections there are 6 net carbs per bar. That is a rather large serving size, I actually prefer to cut these into 24 sections making it just right to satisfy my sweet tooth for about 3 net carbs.
Other Keto Desserts
- The BEST Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Strawberry Cheesecake Truffles
- Keto Lemon Cheesecake Bars
- Peanut Butter Fudge
- Low Carb Chocolate Sugar Cookies
- Keto Sheet Pan Cookies
For the Crust
- 8 tablespoons, melted butter
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons confectioners Monkfruit or Swerve sweetener
Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- 2 (8 ounce) packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 cup confectioners Monkfruit or Swerve sweetener
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Lily's Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchent paper or foil.
- To make the crust combine the melted butter, almond flour, confectioners sweetener and vanilla extract. The dough will be very buttery and wet, press it into the pan, making sure you get it all the way to the edges.
- Bake the crust 7 minutes. The crust should be very lightly browned and just begining to set. Allow it to cool COMPLETELY.
- To make the cheesecake combine the cream cheese, sweetener, egg, peanut butter and vanilla extract with an electric mixer. Beat the filling until it is completely combined and light and creamy.
- Spread the cheesecake filling over the cooled crust. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-33 minutes or until the cheesecake has set. Cool the cheesecake completely.
- For the chocolate topping combine the melted butter and sugar free chocolate chips, stir until the chocolate has melted and is smooth. You can do this in a microwaveable bowl, a double boiler, or small saucepan over low heat. Pour the melted chocolate over the cooled cheesecake and tip the pan back and forth so it covers it completely. Allow the cheesecake to cool at least 2 hours.
If you accidentally heat the chocolate too fast or too long and it seems overcooked add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or butter at a time, stir well and the chocolate will loosen up again.
Serving Size:1 bar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 425Total Fat: 38gCholesterol: 101mgSodium: 228mgCarbohydrates: 9.8gNet Carbohydrates: 6gFiber: 3.8gSugar: 2.1gProtein: 9.6g