If you are looking for easy, healthy grab and go breakfast recipes this is for you! This Healthy Oatmeal Smoothie features frozen berries, Greek yogurt and a healthy dose of oats to keep you full longer!
I have always gravitated towards easy smoothie recipes for breakfast or even a quick lunch when I am home. I love how refreshing they are, and how the flavor possibilities are simply endless! One problem many people complain about is feeling hungry soon after eating a smoothie.
If a smoothie features just liquid and fruit, it is likely to leave you hankering for more. One way to combat this is to add nutritious, filling ingredients such as yogurt, nut butters, and oatmeal to your smoothie.
Ingredients for Oatmeal Smoothies
- Frozen Strawberries: you can also use other fruit or a mixture of berries.
- Milk: any variety of milk such as almond milk, cashew milk, or oat milk will do.
- Greek Yogurt: I usually opt for Vanilla, however you can use a flavored yogurt to add even more flavor!
- Sweetener: sugar, coconut sugar, monkfruit, honey or maple syrup.
- Oats: quick cooking oats provides a smoother texture, but Old Fashioned Oats also works.
- Vanilla Extract
How do you make an Oat Smoothie
This is honestly the easiest healthy breakfast recipe. You simply need to add the ingredients to a blender and blend for at least 30 seconds, or until completely smooth. There is no prep work required, making this an excellent make a go breakfast!
Tips for the best Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothies
- Good Blender: you will need a blender that has nice sharp blades to provide the best texture. This ensures that the frozen berries, as well as the oats are broken up and smooth.
- Soak Overnight: If your blender is not able to blend the smoothie well, you can combine the oats and milk in the container of your blender the night before and let it set all night in the fridge. This basically breaks down the oats so they are super soft. When you add the rest of your ingredients it has a perfectly smooth and creamy consistency!
- Frozen Fruit: you will notice this smoothie does not contain ice, so if you use unfrozen fruit the texture will not be smoothie-like at all.
Healthy Breakfast Recipes
These Keto Strawberry Shortcakes Waffles are quick, easy and very versatile. I am also a huge fan of these Sausage Cream Cheese Pinwheels because they taste like the classic sausage cream cheese crescent roll casserole that so many of us grew up loving. Some of my other favorites include:
- Detox Grapefruit Smoothie
- 5 Ingredient Sausage Balls
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Chia Seed Pudding Parfaits
- Keto Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites
Other Smoothie Recipes
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup instant oats
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons sweetener (sugar, coconut sugar, honey, maple syrup)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend on high for 30 seconds or until smooth.
Alternatively, you can combine the oats and milk the night before, then finish preparing in the morning for a smoother texture.
Serving Size:about 12 ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 369Total Fat: 1.3gCholesterol: 9.5mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 6gSugar: 67gProtein: 18.5g