This Easy Chickpea Cucumber Salad features fresh vegetables and a tangy lemon vinaigrette. You will love this healthy salad for simple weekly meal prep!
This classic vegetarian salad is a great option for those on the hunt for a healthy, protein rich lunch that doesn’t compromise on flavor. With its nutritious base of chickpeas and fresh vegetables, drizzled with a tangy homemade vinaigrette, this salad is an absolute winner all-round.
I love to make this salad for pot luck style meals in the summer. It is perfectly refreshing and can be made ahead of time! It also serves as a perfect side for my favorite Lemon Chicken. No matter how you choose to enjoy this easy cucumber salad, I know you will love it as much as I do!
Ingredients for Greek Cucumber Salad
- Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Cherry tomatoes
- Feta Cheese
- Lemon Vinaigrette Ingredients: olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper
How do you make Lemon Vinaigrette?
Lemon vinaigrette is one of the easiest to make yet most versatile dressings. It adds a great new dimension of flavor too pretty much any salad. It can also be used as a simple marinade for seafood or chicken, if you fancy!
To make the perfect vinaigrette, simply combine your olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and Italian seasoning in a jar with a screw top lid. Give it a shake and you’re good to go.
Is Chickpea salad good for meal prep?
This salad is a great option for meal prep or a hassle free on-the-go lunch. Simply prepare your salad and dressing separately, pouring over the dressing when you’re ready to eat. Salad should last 3 days in the refrigerator if stored with care.
How to store Cucumber Salad?
Make sure to store your prepared Chickpea Cucumber Salad in a sealed container. Store in the refrigerator to help it retain that lovely freshness for as long as possible.
You can store your salad with the dressing on if you prefer it to really soak into the vegetables, but avoid doing this if you’d rather have that extra crunch or would like it to last a little longer.
Other Easy Lunch Recipes
If you’re a lover of simple yet delicious lunch recipes, here are just a few of my absolute favorites.
- Power bowls are the ultimate healthy meal prep option. This Greek Chicken Power Bowl with salty olives, prosciutto and feta makes for a light yet wonderfully flavorsome lunch. As soon as summer comes peeking around the corner, this is one of my go-to recipes!
- Until then, you might want to stick to something hearty and warming for a lunchtime pick-me-up, this chili is sure to do the trick.
- If you prefer a lighter lunch, wraps are always a great option, and this Turkey Hummus Wrap is a definite winner.
- Or try out this Ham, Turkey and Gouda Panini for a delicious twist on the classic grilled cheese we all know and love.
- For a more snack-y lunch, rustle up some of these easy Keto Pizza Muffins (they’re gluten-free, low-carb and perfect for sharing!)
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a jar with a screw top combine the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and Italian seasoning. Shake until the ingredients are combined.
- Add the cucumber, chickpeas, tomatoes, olives and feta in a bowl. Pour the dressing over and toss to coat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
See post for meal prep and storage recommendations.
Serving Size:about 3/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 72Total Fat: 1.6gSodium: 212mgCarbohydrates: 11.5gNet Carbohydrates: 7.9gFiber: 3.6gSugar: 1.1gProtein: 3.9g