Your whole family won’t be able to get enough of these Chicken Taquitos! This easy dinner recipe is loaded with chicken, cheese and buffalo sauce and is ready in under 10 minutes!
These Chicken Taquitos are the perfect easy weeknight dinner! Cooked chicken is combined with your favorite shredded cheese, tangy buffalo sauce and creamy Ranch dressing, all wrapped in a corn tortilla! The best part? By making these in the Air Fryer, you’ll cut the cooking time down drastically! From start to finish, you’ll have this meal on the table in 10 minutes!
This meal can easily be prepped in advance or frozen, so you’ll always have some on hand! These homemade taquitos are a great option for a quick, easy dinner that is way healthier than the store bought version. This air fryer dinner recipe is also naturally gluten free! To make this recipe even easier, try this Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken or leftover rotisserie chicken in your taquitos!
Ingredients in Air Fryer Taquitos
As always, here is a quick overview of the ingredients used in our Chicken Taquitos. For the complete recipe, just scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Shredded chicken and cheese
- Buffalo sauce, Ranch dressing
- Corn tortillas, spray oil
Taquitos in Air Fryer
This easy weeknight dinner recipe comes together in only 4 easy steps!
- Combine the chicken, cheese and both sauces.
- Spray the tortillas with oil on each side. Warm over medium low heat until pliable.
- Fill with the chicken and cheese mixture. Roll tightly.
- Preheat your Air Fryer to 390 degrees F for 3 minutes. Add your taquitos to the basket (seam side down), spray with oil and cook for 4 minutes. If they aren’t crispy enough for you, cook for 1-2 more minutes.
How to keep corn tortillas from breaking
You’ve got to warm your tortillas first, or they’ll crack every time. Spray, or brush, the tortillas with oil lightly on each side. Warm your tortillas over a medium low heat in a skillet until the tortillas become pliable, or you can move them easily. Fill and roll before they cool.
Tips for the BEST Chicken Taquitos
- For extra creaminess in the filling, add cream cheese!
- Use leftover rotisserie chicken or this Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken to make this meal super easy
- If you don’t like spice, leave out the buffalo sauce
- Use your favorite type of protein! Ground beef, chicken or turkey would also be delicious.
- If you’re low carb, use your favorite low carb tortilla or these Zucchini Tortillas!
How to Store and Reheat homemade taquitos
To store your taquitos, wait until they are completely cooled and then place into a plastic or glass container with an airtight lid. You can also store these in a plastic bag. These buffalo chicken taquitos will stay fresh for up to four days.
To warm these chicken taquitos, place on a microwave safe plate and warm in 30 second increments until your desired temperature is reached. You can also pop them back into the Air Fryer at 350 degrees F for 3-5 minutes, just add a little spray oil to them first. To warm in the oven, spray with oil and bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes.
Can I freeze these Chicken and Cheese Taquitos?
Absolutely! These homemade taquitos can easily be frozen. Once they have completely cooled, lay flat on a baking dish and freeze overnight. Transfer to a freezer safe bag. These taquitos will keep fresh in the freezer for up to six months.
More Buffalo Chicken Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Muffins
- Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers
More Taquito Recipes
- Keto Green Chicken Chile Taquitos
- Turkey, Bacon and Avocado Taquitos (keto + low carb)
- Keto BBQ Chicken Taquitos
- Chicken Fajita Taquitos (keto + low carb)
- 2 cups Cooked Shredded Chicken
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar
- 2 tablespoons Buffalo Sauce
- 1/4 cup Ranch Dressing
- 8 small Tortillas (corn or low carb if keto)
- Spray Oil
- Combine the chicken, cheddar, buffalo sauce and ranch dressing. Set to the side.
- Prep the tortillas by spraying, or brushing, oil on each side of the tortilla. Warm in a skillet over medium low heat until warm and pliable.
- Fill the tortilla along one end. Roll tightly and lay with the seam facing down.
- Preheat the air fryer at 390 degrees F for 3 minutes. Add the taquitos with the seam side down and spray with oil. Cook for 4 minutes. If they have not reached your preferred level of crispiness, cook for 1-2 more minutes.
If you want the filling to be extra creamy, add 3 ounces of softened cream cheese to the chicken and cheese mixture.
Serving Size:Nutrition calculated per taquito (Carb Balance tortillas used)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 136Total Fat: 6gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 90mgCarbohydrates: 10.3gNet Carbohydrates: 1.8gFiber: 8.5gSugar: 0.3gProtein: 16g