These crispy Air Fryer Chickpeas are the perfect gluten-free healthy snack! They stay crunchy for days and don’t need to be refrigerated, making it the perfect weekend meal prep recipe!
Air Fryer Chickpeas
Air Fryer Chickpeas are the perfect quick and healthy snack! These protein packed chickpeas are seasoned with delicious Ranch dressing mix and roasted until they’re perfectly crispy! I love this healthy snack idea because the chickpeas fix your craving for a crunchy snack while being such a healthy option!
You can use these Air Fryer Chickpeas as a yummy salad topper, in your favorite soup in place of croutons, on top of a roasted sweet potato, in a healthy bowl or just enjoy by the handful! Chickpeas provide a generous serving of protein and fiber, so they’ll give you energy and help to keep you full throughout your day!
Roasted Chickpeas are a fantastic option because they are vegetarian and naturally gluten free, so everyone in your family can enjoy them! I like to keep mine on the counter so everyone can grab a handful as they pass by. These chickpeas are definitely a kid-friendly recipe!
Ingredients for Crunchy Chickpeas
As always, here is a quick overview of the ingredients used in our roasted chickpeas. For the complete recipe, just scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Chickpeas- drained and dried
- Oil- you can use olive oil, but you may want to use an oil with a higher smoke point, like avocado oil
- Ranch dressing mix, salt and pepper
How to Roast Chickpeas in the Air Fryer
You can make this easy vegetarian snack in only 3 easy steps!
- Dry your beans completely by patting with a paper towel or letting air dry. Throw out any loose skins or broken beans.
- Preheat your Air Fryer to 380 degrees F for 3 minutes. Combine the ingredients and toss to coat.
- Add your chickpeas to your Air Fryer in a single layer. Cook for 10-15 minutes (the longer you cook them, the crispier they will be). Shake every 4-5 minutes to ensure that they get crunchy on all sides.
Are chickpeas gluten free?
Yes! Chickpeas, or garbanzo beans, are naturally gluten free.
How do you make chickpeas super crunchy?
The secret is in getting them dry and THEN roasting your chickpeas. They won’t get very crunchy if there’s still too much moisture on them.
Do I have to dry them?
If you plan on roasting your chickpeas in the oven, then you definitely need to make sure that they’re dry. Moreover, if you are planning to make roasted chickpeas in the Air Fryer, it more depends on how crunchy you want them.
If you are planning on enjoying your chickpeas on the same day you prepare them, you don’t need to make sure that they’re as dry. But if you are meal prepping these chickpeas and you want them to stay crispy throughout the week, I recommend drying them well so they don’t lose their crunch.
Do you have to remove the skins on garbanzo beans?
Loose skins or broken beans will burn in the Air Fryer, so I do recommend tossing them before roasting.
Chickpea Flavor Ideas
I used Ranch seasoning on my chickpeas, but there are so many great flavors you could try! Here are some fun ideas:
- Lemon pepper
- Table blend
- Steak seasoning
- Everything but the bagel seasoning
- Garlic and herb
- Tomato basil
What to serve with Air Fryer Chickpeas
I love to incorporate these roasted chickpeas with light, healthy dinners. For example, I served these with a Simple Arugula Salad, Greek Skewers and my favorite Lemon Drop! They’re also a great addition to a Seasoned Black Bean Bowl with a Keto Margarita. If you’re serving brunch, pop these onto a charcuterie board with Blackberry Brie Bites, Keto Fruit Pizza or this amazing Sausage and Spinach Quiche and top it off with a pitcher of Passion Fruit Tea!
More Meal Prep Snacks
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Bacon Cheddar Chaffles
- Bacon and Pimento Cheese Stuffed Sweet Peppers
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
Air Fryer Chickpeas
These crispy Air Fryer Chickpeas are the perfect gluten-free healthy snack! They stay crunchy for days and don't need to be refrigerated, making it the perfect weekend meal prep recipe!
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans, drained and dried
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (avocado oil works well too because of the high smoke point)
- 1 tablespoon Ranch buttermilk dressing mix*
- salt and pepper as needed
- Completely dry the garbanzo beans and pick out any loose skins or broken beans. Pat them dry or let them air dry on a towel.
- Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees for 3 minutes. In a bowl, combine the beans, oil, and seasoning, then toss to coat.
- Place chickpeas in a single layer in the air fryer and cook for 10-15 minutes depending on your preference. Shake every 4-5 minutes to make sure they're crispy on all sides.
*The ranch dressing mix I used: https://amzn.to/3PeceSm
If you skip the drying step, your chickpeas won't be crispy as long. The drier your chickpeas are, the longer they will stay crunchy! If they lose their crispiness, just pop back into the air fryer for 2-3 minutes.
Serving Size:about 1/3 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 121Total Fat: 5.1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 235.9mgCarbohydrates: 15.3gNet Carbohydrates: 11.3gFiber: 4gSugar: 2.5gProtein: 4.5g